Mech/Exoskeleton Build (Full-Size )

GMer56

Sr Member
Well, you have to take into consideration about people who stumble across it and for those who also shared it. If you were able to get 10x the normal traffic, it must be interesting to some one.
That's what I'm thinking. It's the first time I climb up in and try to use the arms & drive at the same time, so it is more interesting than me poking the camera up MARDUK'S skirts, so to speak. Maybe when I actually get it driving around it will go even bigger!
 

GMer56

Sr Member
Finally got my chains, hopefully a testrun tomorrow!

Also youtube got enough data to analyze the video traffic: someone posted my vid to reddit. Oddly enough no traffic from here :p
 

GMer56

Sr Member
So, another test run and I isolated the problem:


Not enough traction on the drive wheels for the muddy conditions. I have several options. Wait for conditions to improve (either freeze over again or wait till spring/not so wet), put down some scrap wood to drive on (found some 4x8ft on craigslist for $10 each), bring Marduk to a parking lot, cut up the rear motor mount so the mech doesn't tilt forward so much, or add a weight rack to the rear. I have a few tractor tire weights and misc cinder blocks so I'll be trying the last one first.
 

Dirtdives

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Division Staff
Community Staff
So, another test run and I isolated the problem:


Not enough traction on the drive wheels for the muddy conditions. I have several options. Wait for conditions to improve (either freeze over again or wait till spring/not so wet), put down some scrap wood to drive on (found some 4x8ft on craigslist for $10 each), bring Marduk to a parking lot, cut up the rear motor mount so the mech doesn't tilt forward so much, or add a weight rack to the rear. I have a few tractor tire weights and misc cinder blocks so I'll be trying the last one first.
you could always throw on some chains onto the tires.......
 

GMer56

Sr Member
oh, now I see them.....didn't help much thought did they? :)
Well, yes and no. The hip deck/torso is tilted a 7.8 degree angle so more weight is on the front steering wheels than the back. If I chop of a bit of the rear rack it should get more traction, but Ima try just putting heavy things on it tomorrow first.

Edit: whipped up another logo. I kinda like this one:

mardukface.png

Also applied for some free business consulting. Here's hoping!
 
Last edited:

GMer56

Sr Member
Figured out a quick hand:


Gonna start looking into giving Judd McStudd an overhaul to be crowd friendly: I got a new job downtown and could wander around the streets after work promoting myself. Only problem is city ordinance bans masks so it will be more of a pandora utility suit kind of deal.
 

GMer56

Sr Member
Finished the hand.

IMG_20200307_065745960.jpg

Got an interview today with a local artsy/indie business paper, and a photographer coming tomorrow to take pics.

Bit more helm work:

IMG_20200307_080323563.jpg

Found an old 1 way mirror face mask:

IMG_20200307_080353233.jpg

Switch for lights on side of helm
IMG_20200307_080401136.jpg

The spaghett 1cm from my face.

IMG_20200307_080421323.jpg
 
Last edited:

GMer56

Sr Member
Testing mech for reporter. Stops moving. Reporter says wheel looks funny. I check wheel. It fell off. I laughed it off as a demonstration of a catastrophic failure and how safe the mech is. I continue to show off & talk about mech.

After he leaves I investigate. 2 mounting bolts were removed. I didn't remove them.

I was hoping full checkups were not necessary every time I go to hop in the mech, but when since housemate/brother has issues I 'll have to check for sabotage every time.
 

GMer56

Sr Member
Well, things went better with the photographer today (working on the mech all day beforehand) and MARDUK's ankle only gave out at the end of the test run. I'll have to wrap it up with some of this:

816XheQ1gdL._SY879_.jpg

Also the guy said anytime I do promo stuff to let him know. Looks like I got a contact! (besides the Caters News Agency)
 

GMer56

Sr Member
Hmm... might just splice another 2x4 into the ankle and seal it. Major reason the ankle has issues it the wood absorbed water in its end so the screw thread doesn't stay in. Bolt on a new wood piece and cover the joint in bondo/fiberglass might fix the issue. Another parts run after work :p
 
Top