Mental health, you, and the 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Mental health and you.

The longer this pandemic drags on the harder the mental strain we are putting on ourselves becomes. Its difficult to pick yourself up sometimes when the struggle becomes too great. Our normal daily routines can be burdened by crippling anxiety, and utter dread when approaching the simplest of tasks. Sometimes we don't even notice we are in a hole and need to be pulled out.

Simply put, depression sucks. We have all been there at some point, and some push through it on a daily basis. Others however don't always have the strength to stand on their own two feet.

Here in the 405th there is a sense of community ownership that I haven't seen anywhere else. There are always outstreched hands reaching to pull people along when building costumes. The question is do we ever take it a step further to pull people up when they are feeling down? Do we notice they may have been less active on the forums, discord, or facebook? Have we paid attention to any of the social nuances that may indicate that Houston may indeed have a problem?

We are our brothers and sisters keepers. We are the community that can lift each other spirits. If someone is reaching out to you don't shrug it off. Know that they are offering a hand to pull you back up. To help you get on your feet or out of that hole.

Ladies and gentlemen of the 405th, I emplore you to keep a hand reached out, regardless of whether you are the one down, or the one standing. Someone will grab it. We can all lift together.

fSlGkWk.gif

Let the voice of love lift you higher!

As I'm meeting more and more of you this sense of community has been really exciting and pleasant. Everyone I've talked to has been incredibly welcoming and always happy to offer advice.
For awhile I was pretty down or depressed that so many cons are delayed/canceled/unknown to return. Now I just think about getting to meet all the people that showed me kindness and advice. Cant wait to continue in this community and keep up what yall did for me when I arrived a short time ago.

As I'm meeting more and more of you this sense of community has been really exciting and pleasant. Everyone I've talked to has been incredibly welcoming and always happy to offer advice.
For awhile I was pretty down or depressed that so many cons are delayed/canceled/unknown to return. Now I just think about getting to meet all the people that showed me kindness and advice. Cant wait to continue in this community and keep up what yall did for me when I arrived a short time ago.
And this is the exact kind of attitude we like having around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back