Mercurio's First Few Wips

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurio

Hi guys, i signed up a couple of days ago and finally decided to post. I'm gonna be working on not 1, not 2, but 3 armor sets. An Iron Man set, ODST set, Halo Spartan set based on my multiplayer premutations (scout helm, EVA shoulders, and default everything else) Maybe recon helm too as I'm actually planning to make a machinima with some live action scenes integrated in it. And hopefully a lot more armor projects. (hoping perhaps Deep Eyes from final fantasy spirits within, and a terran ghost from star craft hehe)

Oh by the way, I was thinking of using paper mache(sp?) method instead of resin and fiberglass method of strengthening coz i'm afraid I might be allergic. Any tips? And does it affect the paint job?

anyway, here's a shot of my 1st ever Pepakura helm: Iron Man

Lookin good. If ur allergic see if someone else could resin it n fiberglass it for you while you instruct n supervise. U cant be allergic to it after it hardens im pretty sure or u wouldnt be able to be around cars lol. But yea see if you can get a friend or family member to lend a hand. Keep up the nice work n good luck

ok, i've got a question guys, when printing, it tells me that the scale in pepakura is different from the printer and i if i wanna rescale it. All the while i've been clicking no. Just wanna make sure

Make sure you hit yes on that one. I made that error in clicking no and it messed up my scaling all over the place. Nothing came out of the printer like what i measured it out at. Its just a lot more uniform if you keep it by hitting yes on that prompt. Good build by the way, i did my first iron man armor with that helmet as well. If youre not too far ahead, i think callmemilo has a new helmet he worked on that is way more movie accurate than his old model.

Starx said:
Make sure you hit yes on that one. I made that error in clicking no and it messed up my scaling all over the place. Nothing came out of the printer like what i measured it out at. Its just a lot more uniform if you keep it by hitting yes on that prompt. Good build by the way, i did my first iron man armor with that helmet as well. If youre not too far ahead, i think callmemilo has a new helmet he worked on that is way more movie accurate than his old model.

Starx: alright man thanks. I actually downloaded quite a number of iron man pep files i found on 4shared.com so i'll be testing them out on which one is the closest to the movie.

I'm hoping I can finish my ODST helmet by tomorrow. should I pep the visor as well? Or leave it empty?

Oh and here's an old project I did before I discovered pepakura. I was making a space marine suit. Only completed the legs, here's the vlog entry of it

Project Dark Angels

Last edited by a moderator:
Starx said:

Hmmm.........I ahve always clicked no on that one. I have never had a problem with my scaling. Everything I have pepped came out fine, but I even wondered about this before too. I would also hit no because I was afraid that it would not even print out right because when I arrange all the pieces in pepakura, I have to leave so much room at the bottom of the paper so that it will actually print. Once it gets too close to the bottom, it doesn't get printed. I think something is just wrong with my printer.

HaloGoddess said:
Hmmm.........I ahve always clicked no on that one. I have never had a problem with my scaling. Everything I have pepped came out fine, but I even wondered about this before too. I would also hit no because I was afraid that it would not even print out right because when I arrange all the pieces in pepakura, I have to leave so much room at the bottom of the paper so that it will actually print. Once it gets too close to the bottom, it doesn't get printed. I think something is just wrong with my printer.

Actually that happens to me too!

alright my ODST helm is around 75% pep-ed. Need to know if i need to pep the visor as well or can i leave it empty before i start strengthening it?

UPDATES

ODST helmet just about completed, just left with pepping the visor, looks a little messy, but quite satisfied with it

Photo68.jpg

Photo54.jpg

After pepping the visor, next item on the list is the ODST shoulders and Iron Man (think the file is titled ultimate) face plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back