Microsoft is a joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K., I was looking at the Xbox 360 Elite, and I asked the guy: "How much would I have to pay if I traded in a Xbox 360 Core system for a Elite?" The guy does his 15 minutes of clicking (probably playing solitaire). And he says: Well the Xbox 360 Core system trade will be worth 170 dollars" Im like. WTF IS THIS?! They make us pay 300 dollars to buy the system and only 170 to trade it in? Then I look next to me, and I happen to see a Wireless Xbox 360 steering weel for 120!!! I was like, thats Bill Gates for you..

I agree the trade-in system doesn't really make sense, but they make the rules and we have to play by them...One of these days we'll find a way to beat them at their own game.

When you think about it.. Bill did deserve to lose his spot as the richest man in the world! Some mexican guy who owns a cellphone company is now. He is worth 6.5 million more dollars than bill. The company is called AmeriCell or something like that.

See, I bought my Xbox for (I think) 150-200 dollars. I sold it at a store called CD Tradepost for 140. I guess location matters.

Well that makes sense. Once you own it for a given amount of time, the value drops by half because it's used.

Spartan-419 said:
Well that makes sense. Once you own it for a given amount of time, the value drops by half because it's used.
No like, if I bought something, and then went back one minute later, even if the product just came out.

It's a rip off IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
no they need to make money. if you owned a business and someone bought something from you opened it and wanted to return it after and get like 75% of the money back its a complete rip off. they use it and dont really have to pay for it. and then the busness has to it for less of a price. so noone makes a profit. and the business gets scammed.

As it turns out, if they paid you as much as they intended to sell it for, they wouldn't make any profit. That's kind of how retail works. Buy something at wholesale, sell it at retail, repeat.

The only places that don't do that are grocery stores (very little mark up), and their profit margins are so low that there's no way they'd stay afloat if people didn't need to eat.

Chuck-126 said:
As it turns out, if they paid you as much as they intended to sell it for, they wouldn't make any profit. That's kind of how retail works. Buy something at wholesale, sell it at retail, repeat.

The only places that don't do that are grocery stores, and their profit margins are so low that there's no way they'd stay afloat if people didn't need to eat.

Yeah, well I understand that But they took almost half of what I payed for!

SPARTAN-430 said:
Chuck-126 said:

The only places that don't do that are grocery stores, and their profit margins are so low that there's no way they'd stay afloat if people didn't need to eat.

Yeah, well I understand that But they took almost half of what I payed for!
That's typical retail mark-up. When you buy any non-food item from a store, expect that they paid only half to about seventy percent of what they're charging you.

I would post it on e-bay i h8 trade-in-games and game stop and all those places excpecially slackers...there all over priced and there is nvr and good trade backs.Like i saw a guy once sell his new gba game for like 20 $<when it was new> then when he left they marked his game they gave him 20$ for 30$

Spartan-118 said:
I would post it on e-bay i h8 trade-in-games and game stop and all those places excpecially slackers...there all over priced and there is nvr and good trade backs.Like i saw a guy once sell his new gba game for like 20 $<when it was new> then when he left they marked his game they gave him 20$ for 30$
They have to make a profit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back