Military and UNSC Hype up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ragin Pagan

Hey everyone, I just had a request to make today.

With all the Halo 3 propaganda, how can any of us not feel the slight swell of Military pride? Even if you come from a civilian family, the amount of military content in Halo could be giving the effect of "Man, it'd be cool to be in the military..."

Well, my dad recently shipped off to the Middle East for about a year, and I've lost none of my military support. I ask that when you play Halo 3 this September, you not only fight for the freedom of earth, but that you also remember our troops that are defending us. Thanks.

My best friend is in the military, and has been since we were in college together... 10 years ago. I was pretty bummed that he went in, because it meant that I wouldn't get to see him much anymore, but now I'm really proud of him. I'd never have the guts to do it myself, and I don't know how I actually feel about war, but I do respect that sacrifice that people make to serve. You can't deny what they do for us.

yeah man i no how you feel, ive had to ppl go to the military that im close to.. and one of them will never come home.. its a huge sacrifice, and i have the greatest respect for the members of the armed services

My personal belief/religion doesn't allow me to grieve for the dying troops but it does allow me to be angry that they died. I do support the troops in Iraq however, if this thread suddenly becomes a support for bush thread then I will have to start being a bit of an *******. I apologize in advance if this happens.

BloodyShadow13 said:
if this thread suddenly becomes a support for bush thread then I will have to start being a bit of an *******. I apologize in advance if this happens.

i agree.. i cant stand our president.. but thast just my personal opionion

Last edited by a moderator:
if this thread suddenly becomes a support for bush thread then I will have to start being a bit of an *******. I apologize in advance if this happens.

Thats why I tried to stay away from the for/against subject.... everybodys got their opinions, and I don't think we should throw down about this.

NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Please remember this thread is about support for the troops, and not a political debate.

I'm outta here before it gets ugly...

I fully support our troops. What do they for us is essential and damn hard.

The only thing I will comment on regarding the pres is that living in the city closest to Crawford we have a lot of odd people showing up to do protests. Just plain weird to see some of the demonstration stuff they do away from the courthouse, especially in Texas. I'm surprised with some of the radical Californians that nobody has got hurt yet. (you know the lady I'm talking about)

ive loved the army and everything. doesnt help that my dad is obsessed either. My grandpa was an ex-POW he was caught in the battle of the bulge and man have i heard some interesting stories. and my one friend joined the marines he got shipped out the day after he graduated from highschool.

that would be...well...it would be heated, to say the least about the debate idea. I woulnd't do it just for the sake of not starting arguments. Im all for a debate, but i doubt it would last long w/o cussing. but thats just me.

Adjutant_Reflex said:
This place has no use for me anymore

All I have left to say is prepare for what is the end

The end is close yet far

I shall escape to here

Hmm, Bungie/Microsoft/AR is getting obviouse to be a advertising method.. but its still something to do while we wait for halo 3...

Yes i agree it would get heated very very fast and it would be a great opportunity to make enemies lol...I guess its not a very good idea after all.But i would be in it regardless lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back