Misriah Armory "M6R"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonViper97

Member DIN
S097
A couple days ago I was brainstorming things to model in fusion360 and I had a novel thought: what would the magnum look like as a revolver? And that's how it started, the M6R. I've learned a whole lot about how fusion works from this build. I organized this build by components (a first for me), learned how to use the timeline to make rippling changes, and also how to easily export components as STL files. If the test prints are any indication, this is going to be one chonky, satisfyingly impractical space gun, so let me tell you a little bit about it.
M6R WIP.PNG

I imagine the M6R as a Misriah R&D project, maybe a contender for some UNSC contract or maybe just a flight of fancy by some bored design team. Perhaps only one was ever made, or perhaps they got as far as field testing. I'd like to think a couple actually made their way into the hands of Spartans. Maybe an officer traded a box of imported cigars to some savvy Misriah rep to make sure one was recorded as "lost", one which now occupies a spot on his desk.

It's a straightforward revolver, chambered in the same 12.7mm rounds that the rest of the M6 series fires (I don't know enough about actual guns to know whether or not this makes any sense) with a break in the middle, allowing the cylinder to be easily reloaded. It's got the signature M6 grip and extra large trigger guard, perfect for meaty spartan mitts. A needlessly complicated electromagnetic firing pin replaces a conventional hammer (cause space) above which is a small lever which releases the front of the revolver to hinge down.

Whatever the story may be, it's obvious drawbacks when compared to the ruthless practicality of the rest of the M6 series stopped it from ever reaching production.

It's on the printer now, updates to come.

It's absurd and I love it. Now, where did I put that extra box of imported cigars?

It's a straightforward revolver, chambered in the same 12.7mm rounds that the rest of the M6 series fires (I don't know enough about actual guns to know whether or not this makes any sense) with a break in the middle, allowing the cylinder to be easily reloaded.
Makes perfect sense for a straight walled (doesn't have a bottleneck like a rifle round) high power cartridge. Generally it's unusual for magnum rounds to be put into automatic weapons like the M6D due to feeding issues with the longer straight walled rounds and weight. Brass for revolvers just have a rimmed case compared to automatic so the round doesn't fall through the cylinder.

What would you think about something slung under the barrel? Something tacticle (flashlight or a red dot laser) or something along the lines of a 2nd barrel (12 gauge single round). I don't know a whole lot about Halo (40k guy) but I am a gun guy. This is just begging for something there. Maybe even a picatinny rail just for starters, just a thought.

I mean, it's a revolver... I've seen very few revolvers that have extra bells and whistles, and the story that Crimson has crafted has this as a test bed weapon. That's not to say that I don't see your point, but I don't think it needs anything. Also, you want to put a 12 gauge shell into a hand gun?!? Oh my poor wrist..... but very *very* WH40k :D

I mean, it's a revolver... I've seen very few revolvers that have extra bells and whistles, and the story that Crimson has crafted has this as a test bed weapon. That's not to say that I don't see your point, but I don't think it needs anything. Also, you want to put a 12 gauge shell into a hand gun?!? Oh my poor wrist..... but very *very* WH40k :D
Well for example: they make a 5 round revolver that shoots .410 gauge rounds called "The Judge". And as a test bed gun they might try a variety of tacticle mods on the rail underneath. Look up some of the futuristic sci-fi guns and you'll see what I mean. Any rate, looks great and can't wait to see it painted!

Mmm... my experience is military and police, so I'm probably thinking a little to "real world". Also, The Judge is an absolutely silly gun and I want one.

Adeptmechanicus That does sound cool, but it's a little out of scope for this particular project. My goal is to replicate the design aesthetic of the original M6, which means clean line. However, I intend to make the file available on Etsy or something once it's done; It would be easy enough for one to drill a couple holes and mount a picatinny rail under the barrel. The barrel break makes it slightly cramped under there, so any attachment would have to be toward the front in order to clear.

PXL_20201117_042858661.jpg

Adeptmechanicus That does sound cool, but it's a little out of scope for this particular project. My goal is to replicate the design aesthetic of the original M6, which means clean line. However, I intend to make the file available on Etsy or something once it's done; It would be easy enough for one to drill a couple holes and mount a picatinny rail under the barrel. The barrel break makes it slightly cramped under there, so any attachment would have to be toward the front in order to clear.

View attachment 299458
Yeah, I'm with you. Like I mentioned, not a clue about Halo stuff. I just am a fan of overkill and lots of details. Carry on good sir

I've finished printing the gun.

PXL_20201206_112555061.jpg

PXL_20201206_112532561.jpg

I've gone about as far as I'd like to with this project. When it warms up a bit I'll definitely sand and throw a coat of paint on it, but I'm pretty satisfied with the level of functionality and detail at this point. The lock mechanism to release the hinge isn't designed very well, but it works, and this thing is going to spend all of it's time on a shelf anyway. I'm attaching a zipped folder of the STL files for anyone who would like to print one for themselves.

This has been a wild year, and there's been times where I felt pretty bad- about the state of the world, about my place in it, from being stuck inside for weeks on end- but interacting with the people on this forum and in our discord server has been a consistent source of joy for me. Thanks for making this year a little less sucky.

Cheers,
Crimson

Attachments

• M6R STLs.zip
    450.9 KB · Views: 165
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back