Missile Pod Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a life-size or scaled missile pod pep file? Im pretty sure it's not in the wiki and i just want to know if anyone has one.

Hellbringer17 said:
Does anyone have a life-size or scaled missile pod pep file? Im pretty sure it's not in the wiki and i just want to know if anyone has one.
I don't think that exists yet. Vrogy made a 3d model of it tho...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how successful it would be if there was a pep missile pod. It'd be hard to find pieces of paper big enough to print it out. I think the missile pod is more of an object you would make from scratch.

Robogenisis said:
I'm not sure how successful it would be if there was a pep missile pod. It'd be hard to find pieces of paper big enough to print it out. I think the missile pod is more of an object you would make from scratch.
Edzachary.

IF you were able to construct a full sized missile pod, the weight of the cardstock would more than likely cause it to collapse upon itself or at least sag.

The missile pod is far too large to make into a pep file. If it were low-detailed, it would take ages to build up even some of the smaller details. If it were high-detail, it would be impossible to build.

Build it from scratch, or mod it on a base.

No other real options that I can see.

As stated above - not happening! Believe me, if it was in pep, I'm crazy enough to try it. Scratch built is the only way to go with this one.

Lock anyone?

http://vrogy.net/lau-65d-missile-launcher-model/ for those not aware, etc.

You'd probably want to build up the main body with layered MDF or foam, but after that I could see pep versions of the details being useful.

There are models there, have at it.. but realize people aren't going to just make you something because you tossed up a couple sentences offhand.
It'd take a decent amount of modeling knowledge to clean up that model and make it work for pep, and you're not going to see good modeling/pepping people work on it now- everyone's working on crap for dragon or projects of their own...

If you want it done, and done right, you have to do it yourself, and not compromise with yourself. I've come to realize this of late. (working with other people in person works sometimes, too- but you have to know and trust them pretty well)

no one does not exist but agreeing with wat everyone else said here

i think itd be more fun and easier just to make one from scratch out of foam, and alot less of a hassle :p

redragon74 said:
no one does not exist but agreeing with wat everyone else said here
i think itd be more fun and easier just to make one from scratch out of foam, and alot less of a hassle :p
very well put rofl
it might b hard for the body and all that detail lol!
me, would go with cardboard lol

*FACEPALM*

bevbor, that's just going to waste some poor, poor noob's time.
It's just my model ported over and opened in pepakura, nothing's optimized, there are obvious open edges.. the scale on everything is still nuts. If this was to even attempt to be built, at like 1/4 or 1/5 scale, the only viable scale.. you'd still have to completely restructure everything.

Nevertheless, if you do make that pdo available, you'd do well to make damn sure it conforms to the CC license I have on the model- as a derivative work it's pretty much bound to the restrictions I set out there.

shadow8136 said:
very well put rofl
it might b hard for the body and all that detail lol!
me, would go with cardboard lol
Yep, that's what the pdf is for- so people can have a reference to print out and take into the shop with them.

Vrogy said:
Nevertheless, if you do make that pdo available, you'd do well to make damn sure it conforms to the CC license I have on the model- as a derivative work it's pretty much bound to the restrictions I set out there.
Yep, that's what the pdf is for- so people can have a reference to print out and take into the shop with them.
I'm not going to publish it. I realize that it is way wrong way. It was just a try to port your IGS model as you said.
May be you can permit me to separate your model and to do a few models of significant parts of this pod in PDOs? Of those parts that we can't build from sheet or tubular material? I think it will be useful for those who want to build the pod.
wbr

yeah vrogy sent me his missle pod model a while ago, and every time i go to unfold or join adjacent edges to it, it freezes.
does that mean something? yup.
What does that mean? i dont know :D

It should more or less be a blueprint or for CNC, because nothing is gonna port that to pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back