Mixed ODST Armor Wip by harican89

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i have enough ... the sanding process takes to long and is very annoying. you cant make it perfect.
so i hope i can use some imperfections to make the helmet more realistic.

today i start the first layer of painting. its a "only-one-step" thick chrome layer. i will sand some areas tomorrow to make some more spots smooth. i hope i can use the base color to fill up the gaps and make it smoother.

the red marked spots have to sand again. then comes the final chrome base color.

btw:
i tried to form the visor today... but i get some heatdamages on the spot where i use the heat-gun.
i hope i can form the second visor without any damages.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, here is my birthday update
here is the "final" result of the color stripe of my odst helmet.
this time i take horizon blue instead of the brown color in the first post... it looks clear and smooth. i like the resin based spraypaint color. instead of the acryl based color it gives a semi shiny result.

tomorrow i will update a "how-to" video. there you can see the first step of the painting progress...

btw: instead of starting with the base color. i spray the color stripe first. because i hope i get a smoother end-result.

imag0017f.jpg

imag0019q.jpg

imag0024o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this is looking awesome, i really like the blue colour youve chosen. im looking into a colour like that for my kat build. are you doing the rest black or another colour?

ive chose a darker grey than anthracite. but this as a color based on acryl. i go to the graffiti shop again and looking for a darker grey - black color. for this horizon blue its better to have a darker base color.
today i will remove the tape ;)

Color Stripe: Paint Job Done

here a new update:

today, i remove the tape and try to set some highlights to the color.
here is the result.

first of all: before and after

Overview:
imag0042u.jpg

looks awesome man, i couldnt help noticing your spary paint, is that montana spray paint? That paint is so good it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I use it lol.

your right ;) i love my baby montana black spraypaints ;)
the black label hasnt acryl based color but this gives the color a cool structure and transfer it to the helmet.

but...
i sand the color down :D
it was an idea and i failed on following my own tutorial, but i used vasline and re-color the helmet with the montana black - shark color. the color looks cool ;) in 2 days i bring up the second part of the painting tutorial

my undersuit will be an "bundeswehr" (german army) oriented comat suit.
so my left combat boots, an cargo vest and some black-grey maybe some night-woodland colored pants and shirt.

so the undersuit is more like the halo marines one combined with the odst colors and the armor.

Wirklich gute Arbeit bisher. Kannst du mir sagen welches Harz du nutzt?
Ich hab leider keine erfahrungen in dem bereich und es wär ganz praktisch wenn du mich nen bisschen über die Produkte aufklären könntest die du nutzt. Hast du online bestellt oder warste im baumarkt?

Danke für deine hilfe und viel spass noch beim bau deiner rüstung ;)

hello im new here and im from germany
im working on a ODST and by the way, nice work harican

@EdMcSmoke
schau mal auf seite 1 nach da ist irgentwo weiter unten ein link zum härter etc.

@harican
kann ich dich mal anschreiben wegen dem anpassen der teile ?
wäre nett

mfg
DoubleDx

Wirklich gute Arbeit bisher. Kannst du mir sagen welches Harz du nutzt?
Ich hab leider keine erfahrungen in dem bereich und es wär ganz praktisch wenn du mich nen bisschen über die Produkte aufklären könntest die du nutzt. Hast du online bestellt oder warste im baumarkt?

Danke für deine hilfe und viel spass noch beim bau deiner rüstung ;)

ich habe meine produkte auf fiberglas-dicsount.de bestellt...
sehr gute seite, schnelle und sichere lieferung und vorallem im kilo preis viel billiger als bei ATU oder so. baumarkt findet man diese sachen eher selten, zumindest nicht bei praktika und hagebaumarkt.

aber sei gewarnt, "Rondo" kannst du damit nicht machen,... wegen der unterschiedlichen härterkomponente.

update:
today, i finished the paintjob for the basecolor and the stripe.
this time i used the vaseline weathering effect method and i have to say, that the helmet is absolutely a fail in painting.
the colors, are clear and the edges are sharp, but damn overload with the weathering effects.
with vasline you lose track of the amount of vaseline. the vaseline technique is awfully.

but, if you have expierences with this methods it has potential, because its easy.
(btw: What a shame, i failed on my own tutorial and had to use the method iam really hate.)

here are the results.

the resin i used... no i dont think so...
but you should have your own local store. have you an car supply shop next to you? you should find the resin, bondo and maybe the fiberglas there... if you want it cheaper than search on the internet...
i found this site on google... its an uk online shop and have lots of diffrent products. take the Polyester Resins. you should find the bondo surrogate in the shop too

btw.
you will need a lots of paintbrushs, because the resin harden the brushs too. to clean them use "aceton", you can purchase it in the shop too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back