MJ's DESTINY Warlock Helmet/Cosplay Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ Rookie

Hey everyone, this is my first post about a build. Been following the forums for a while but never made an account so decided that now was the time. Since I just signed up I can't post in the main thread so here in the newb section I shall reside (hoping that posting projects here isn't against the rules, didn't see anything on it). Anyways, to the project! I am working currently on making my Destiny Warlock cosplay. Most importantly, the Helmet. Now since Destiny hasn't come out, there is nothing for Pepakura designs yet and only a few cosplays made by some radical fans (radical in a good way). So now it is my turn and I am going to show the process I use. First, the references!

There are a lot of reffs for the Destiny universe to draw from. For me I had to find as many Warlock concepts and in game photos as possible. Alas, there are very few in-game screenshots for the Warlock (except for the Red warlock). Here were the concepts I drew from:
WarlockDestinyConcepts2.jpg

Inspiration 1. Not sure if these are official or fan work, but I think the designs are really beautiful.
Warlock.jpg

Inspiration 2
Warlock_Armors.jpg

Inspiration 3, Another set of elegant and beautiful designs
2488051-3305088982-Warlo.png

Inspiration 4
Qlc0um9.jpg

Inspiration 5, The main inspiration for the Helmet I am trying to make.

These are the concepts I drew from to create my own. I made two revisions of my concept art, both on my twitter.
BT7FvMVCEAAHZG3.jpg

This is my first concept art for my Guardian which I was happy with until I noticed all the little things not looking right (QP stands for Qwerty Poiu, my twitter name and my robot character name, also known as a fanbot). So this next one was my retry and the one I am basing my costume from plus a few pieces from the first one above.
BUVqvseCUAAcbkR.jpg

This is the design I decided to finally go with. The differences will be the right arm shoulder will be leather or nothing at all and the left arm shoulder pad will be double layered like the first concept. Other than that the rest will most likely stay the same. The helmet you see in both of them are a reference to the 5th reference picture.

Below are my progress shorts stitched together to become one images:
progress_shot_viewslip_1_by_zenith0014-d6pnizn.jpg

progress_shot_viewslip_2_by_zenith0014-d6pnj3t.jpg

Sorry for the bad camera quality! Also the bit with the mouth guard up at the top like that might look silly now but It won't after I am done with it. Besides, it is part of the design in ref #5 so I am going to thing of some way to make it look good.

I will be updating the post and continuing to keep track of how much money I spend. I already own the paint but I know exactly how much I spent on them. The current shopping list (with prices of things I own but haven't used yet).

Bondo - 1 Gallon: $26
Spray paint - Colors vary: ~$6/can (each can comes at a different price based off of type and brand)
EVA Foam: $20/Six-Pack
Good Will Trench coat: ~$10
Misc Fabrics: TBA
LEDs: A/O - TBA

Attachments

• WarlockDestinyConcepts2.jpg
    WarlockDestinyConcepts2.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 3,125
  • Warlock.jpg
    Warlock.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 2,120
  • Warlock_Armors.jpg
    Warlock_Armors.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 2488051-3305088982-Warlo.png
    2488051-3305088982-Warlo.png
    488.5 KB · Views: 2,625
  • Qlc0um9.jpg
    Qlc0um9.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,941
  • BT7FvMVCEAAHZG3.jpg
    BT7FvMVCEAAHZG3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 654
  • BUVqvseCUAAcbkR.jpg
    BUVqvseCUAAcbkR.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3,053
  • progress_shot_viewslip_1_by_zenith0014-d6pnizn.jpg
    progress_shot_viewslip_1_by_zenith0014-d6pnizn.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 490
  • progress_shot_viewslip_2_by_zenith0014-d6pnj3t.jpg
    progress_shot_viewslip_2_by_zenith0014-d6pnj3t.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 511
Super stoked to see what you do with it! Keep me posted! I was considering doing a Warlock as well but the problem would be the rob its self. How are you going to go about making that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back