Destiny Warlock cosplay

TastyGumbo

I am currently working on a warlock cosplay from destiny. I have a robe coming together thanks to my grandma. (My grandpa is the one showing it off in the picture). I think it looks pretty great. I also have a sunshot being painted rn. However I am having the worst time trying to print my helmet and I have no idea what the issue is. I replaced my extruder, I switched out my nozzle, and put in a Capricorn tube. Nothing Is working. tahu505 has been very kind trying to help me figure out my earliest issue but we are both kind of at a loss rn. It just keeps clumping over and over. I can’t get through the first 30 mins. Any advice would be incredibly helpful!

Attachments

• IMG_1819.jpeg
    IMG_1819.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1818.jpeg
    IMG_1818.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1777.jpeg
    IMG_1777.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
  • Attachment.jpeg
    Attachment.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 79
To add on we were using Elegoo PLA filament. We started with the nozzle at 210 and tried lowering to 190

I know every pla brand will have different temps that work best so if this is a newer filament your using it may be worth while to do some small test prints. Nothing fancy, just a block or something printed with different temps to see what works best. The pla i use recommends 190-200c but I get much better results at 210-215. If you swapped nozzels you may double check for leaks between it and the ptfe tube as well. Just a thought as I feel I've had similar issues before. First support layers look OK but the clump on top is odd. It may also be worth releveling the bed and/or slowing the first few layers down. I start around 20mm/s for the first few and then increase the print speed after enough filament is down.

I know every pla brand will have different temps that work best so if this is a newer filament your using it may be worth while to do some small test prints. Nothing fancy, just a block or something printed with different temps to see what works best. The pla i use recommends 190-200c but I get much better results at 210-215. If you swapped nozzels you may double check for leaks between it and the ptfe tube as well. Just a thought as I feel I've had similar issues before. First support layers look OK but the clump on top is odd. It may also be worth releveling the bed and/or slowing the first few layers down. I start around 20mm/s for the first few and then increase the print speed after enough filament is down.
I didn’t think about slowing the print down for the initial layers and then speeding up. I’ve been releveling the bed every time because it keeps pushing the bed up and hitting the nozzle when the print starts. I’m unsure why it keeps doing that. I’m still very new so I’m having a really hard time trying to diagnose the issues that I’m having.

I am currently working on a warlock cosplay from destiny. I have a robe coming together thanks to my grandma. (My grandpa is the one showing it off in the picture). I think it looks pretty great. I also have a sunshot being painted rn. However I am having the worst time trying to print my helmet and I have no idea what the issue is. I replaced my extruder, I switched out my nozzle, and put in a Capricorn tube. Nothing Is working. tahu505 has been very kind trying to help me figure out my earliest issue but we are both kind of at a loss rn. It just keeps clumping over and over. I can’t get through the first 30 mins. Any advice would be incredibly helpful!
I finished my sunshot. Tbh I am pretty happy about it. It’s my first ever fully painted prop. I have a lot to learn but for a first try I feel pretty happy about it.

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpeg
    IMG_1832.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1831.jpeg
    IMG_1831.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
This I why changing nozzels scares me. I think that a trick to avoid leaks would be to push the filament tube as far as you can while the new nozzel is unthreaded just a bit so when you tighten it down so it forms a better seal. At least you found the issue :(

This I why changing nozzels scares me. I think that a trick to avoid leaks would be to push the filament tube as far as you can while the new nozzel is unthreaded just a bit so when you tighten it down so it forms a better seal. At least you found the issue :(
When tahu505 and I opened it up. We were like It was a pretty disheartening feeling

See I don't think it was from changing the nozzle since when we changed it, I tightened it the most you could without twisting the heat block. My guess is on a break in the hotend just from the shape of the plastic that spilled out. I don't think it would have built up that high if the break was at the nozzle. Also changing nozzles every now and then is regular maintenance for a 3d printer. They can be damaged and clog from use over long periods of time without change.

I finally have some parts getting done thanks to tahu505. He’s coming in major clutch right now. I am going to start sanding hardcore tommorow to get this done by Halloween. My warlock robe is practically done and the last thing I really need to do now is figure out the gloves situation. This is a serious work in progress cosplay lol.

Attachments

• 20231024_140047.jpeg
    20231024_140047.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 51
  • 20231023_140919.jpeg
    20231023_140919.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
I finally have some parts getting done thanks to tahu505. He’s coming in major clutch right now. I am going to start sanding hardcore tommorow to get this done by Halloween. My warlock robe is practically done and the last thing I really need to do now is figure out the gloves situation. This is a serious work in progress cosplay lol.
Pretty happy so far. It is coming out well and I’m excited to show the finished product. It’s not perfect but it’s been a really fun learning experience and I’m excited to put what I’ve learned to the test when I make my spartan armor.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.jpeg
    IMG_1887.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 56
Well I found the issue…. This happened after replacing the nozzle. This sucks a bit.
I finally got the printer running again. I replaced the old hot end with an all metal and everything is starting to work again. My BL touch is pretty janked. I lost the appropriate screws so I’m using replacement screws to hold it in place till I get new ones but other than that we in business.

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1874.jpeg
    IMG_1874.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Pretty happy so far. It is coming out well and I’m excited to show the finished product. It’s not perfect but it’s been a really fun learning experience and I’m excited to put what I’ve learned to the test when I make my spartan armor.
Look at the progress I’ve made. I’m very happy so far. tahu505 helped me weld and put this together. We were thinking pretty hard on what to do. If we should put it together first or paint first. We went with just welding it and then wet sand/painting after. It actually was not bad idea.

Attachments

• IMG_1898.jpeg
    IMG_1898.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Look at the progress I’ve made. I’m very happy so far. tahu505 helped me weld and put this together. We were thinking pretty hard on what to do. If we should put it together first or paint first. We went with just welding it and then wet sand/painting after. It actually was not bad idea.
So helmet is done minus the visor. I am happy so far. My cosplay isn’t nearly done yet by any means but it’s getting there. I have some attachments I need to add for it. Such as some armor pieces that complement the robe. I also need a head sock to hide my neck area. I just unfortunately did not have the time to get this done for Halloween. I’m still wearing it for my Halloween costume though lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1913.jpeg
    IMG_1913.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1916.jpeg
    IMG_1916.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1917.jpeg
    IMG_1917.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
So helmet is done minus the visor. I am happy so far. My cosplay isn’t nearly done yet by any means but it’s getting there. I have some attachments I need to add for it. Such as some armor pieces that complement the robe. I also need a head sock to hide my neck area. I just unfortunately did not have the time to get this done for Halloween. I’m still wearing it for my Halloween costume though lol.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back