mk 6 helmet and other armour bits

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it kinda awkward to edit a already edited post, and squishy shoes has already double posted in his thread, that by the way if you type in the name to this thread comes up just beneath it. any way, i need a jorge left shoulder. has anybody got one? if you do plzplzplzplz email me about it! seeming its a long weekend, sunday and im just plane bored i figured that i might start the right shoulder. thats the under shoulder pad and the odst pad. about half done the odst pad. oh! also, i just got a sliced dmr pepakura file from a thread and thought id try building that. un fortuanatley i saw what would happen if i tried doing it with paper on top of paper. not thick enough. what do rekon i should build it with cuz im necesarily shure i should use anything over the stuff from boxes. if you want to see the file you gota go to the official halo reach pepakura files sticky thread on the site. its called the halo reach sliced br im pretty sure. i also noticed that its been quieter than a funeral around this thread. plz post. PLZ!!!

I'll reply for you bro! So far it looks great! As for the DMR file, have you tried using card stock instead of paper? My first pep was a pistol from Halo 3, and card stock worked pretty good for me.

damn. i actully (here comes my most nooby post in my life), dont know wat the hell cardstock is! or where i could by some. really weird. thanks for posting! nobodies posted for like a week.

damn. i actully (here comes my most nooby post in my life), dont know wat the hell cardstock is! or where i could by some. really weird. thanks for posting! nobodies posted for like a week.

Ever read threw some or all of the stickies to help guide you on? A lot of help to be had just from reading them. Also if you posted more pictures you could get more constructive input from the community. Just my 2 cents.

i post pics as much i can, but i work on this very little. in fact this hasnt been worked on for about 2 weeks know. been trying to prepare this project for the last while. the files are all ready to be made and/or printed, i posted pics for the helmet and clip coz i had spare time to make those. i nearly got the shoulder done today, but as usual, some stuff got in my way. the actual odst plate for the shoulder is done, just not the piece that goes under. ill go take some pics know. theyll be up in a matter of minutes. but i need a jorge left shoulder.still have no idea as to what cardstock is. think ill go with the more expensive option for hardening the armor-paverpol

finnaly! if i had know this i would have bought tonnes of the stuff. so you think this would be good to make the DMR im talkin about? coz its got to be printed out twice to make it! oh well. i know its been about 12 hours since my last post but im putting up pics.
when i made it it was pretty flat, and we all know that the odst pads have more of a boxy shape to cup around the shoulders. so i had to make a brace for it
zwave343

this is it this morning when i woke up. all nice and cuppy
100_1830.jpg
[/IMG]
pic of it this morn from the side
100_1831.jpg
[/IMG]
thats the odst pad. gonna get started on the actual shoulder now

Not bad for your first go at it with 110 cardstock, as for weapon builds with pepakura I've heard different ways of going about it, peak at the stickies on it and find a way your wanting to go with.

No problem on the card stock suggestion, I like using it so far. I've only got a Master Chief helmet made and a pistol, but my first attempt was a low definition Master Chief helmet with regular paper and it looked okay when I was done with it, but now it's all droopy. Best of luck with the build, you got a great start!

hehe cardstock, yea thats not cardstock. thats regular printer paper. its pretty good though. i choose paper coz its more easy to work with and i can get a lot of it with ease. ill probably build the chest from cardstock. gonna use paper for the main upper body bits. but ill use paverpol that supposedly sets thngs rockhard in a day. but, its expensive.

Yea, paper doesn't work for this kind of stuff-do yourself a favor and read every sticky you can find on this site. Using regular paper is equivalent to throwing it, and your time, in the dumpster.

I'd advise starting over dude. Your pep is going to warp if you use normal paper, so you'll need to start over anyway. Cardstock isn't hard to find at all. Just go to your local Walmart or Staples and you can get some.

Just my take on your project man. :p

EDIT: And anyway, now if you make a new pep it'll be better because you have experience!

remake

i really should do a remake of this. i mean every thing is half flimsy and i need to rebuild the cap. my cat is such a prick. oh well. give me about a week and ill be back up to where i was. hopefully. that or i could abondon this project and do another one. not sure give me some time to think. school holidays are in 3 days. ill have an answer by then.

ok ive made up my mind. im going to half abandon this project and go with something more simple for a first build. ill work with this project if i get spare time or im bored. but i cant start my next project until i got all of the files. ive recently replayed the halo 3 campaign and remembered my favorite charecter from the halo universe-the legendary, invincible arbiter. ive seen on the halo costuming wiki a bunch of arbiter armour files and i really wouldnt mind taking a shot at it. they look simple enough. ill notify via my signature and this thread when ive started the new armour thread and its name. this just seems to take up a lot more of my time and im just a newbie and i think i need something more simple. sorry if this dissapoints. oh and if anybody has any of the arbiter files id love them!
LONG LIVE THE ARBITER!!!
okay! ive started the new thread. its gonna be zwaves arbiter. i ve also got some oics up on the first post. as of now, ill work on this one if i get any spare time. lator

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back