Mk Vi Armor Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
se7enheads said:
I am not happy with it. I did not add nearly enough fiberglass, so it ended up at little cracked (fixable) but I think I'm going to make another one instead. I shouldn't have too much trouble rebuilding the back armor, if I can remember the scale at which I built it first. o_O

haha yeah i bet, but im sure that unless you drasticlly changed in body size since you started im sure you will be able to work it out. any hay its all a learning experiance isnt it, besides this happening to you can prevent it happening to some body else, knowledge is power (oh my super cheesy)
looking forward to seeing updates! im trying to catch you up lol,

regards

Demon 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
se7enheads said:
Dude...that was effin hilarious...how'd you even see that initially?

Teabag him and he falls through the floor. He doesn't do that every time though. We just got lucky...

Anyways, back on topic. Did you mold four handplates, or just three so that one person has to have one fiberglass handplate and one plastic handplate? :p

002-3.jpg
010.jpg

K, so here's one semi finished handplate. I know, I should have completed trimiing before painting, but I was excited and impatient. At least should have painted both at the same time, but oh well! And I now have a pull from the CQB shoulder mold. good times. That was a pain in the ass. The mold obviously worked, but was VERY thin, so we had to come up with a working bracing system to keep in in the right shape. The bummer about it is that even though it was slush cast, it was very difficult to get the plastic to evenly coat the sides well enough to be durable with just one pour. Then after getting all the sides remotely even, I filled with bondo to increase rigidity. Now, I am looking for emblem generators to create a good stencil. The one I found sucks...I get no preview, though it does save the image correctly. I guess I'll throw it in photoshop and see what I can do from there...

Fenix Chief said:
We... Want..... MORE!!!!!!! Man you just always amaze me!
Thanks Fenix! I was hoping to get the logo on at least, but sadly, I didn't have masking film to create proper stencils. I ended up using paper (which was too pourous) and the overspray left much to be desired. Maybe tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back