Mk Vi Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a lack of time and funds, we're skipping the bondo stage and have moved straight onto painting, now, I know that's gonna put some people's backs up, but once this suit is finished for the convention I'll most likely start again with HD pep files and do things properly.

HPIM0628.jpg

The stripe along the middle of the head was supposed to be a different colour, but the colour on the can was a lot lighter than the colour that came out - there's almost no difference XD

:eek you dont mold it ?

Btw it looks nice with pep, but i think if you mold it after the bondo etc... it will looks even better.

:)

am i the only one that notaces a little warpge on your friend's helmet. i think it warped the middle upwards, but other than than your stuff if looking great can't wate to see it finished

He misttok a valley fold for a mountain fold, so the front of his helmet has always shot upwards instead of being flat and leading into the ridges. He decided it looked better that way and figured he'd keep it like that. It also made it damned handy when it came to telling our pieces apart XD

And no, I'm not bondoing it, seeing as it has to be ready for a convention at the end of October and time is running very short. I might make a nother set next year which would be made with HD pep pieces and would be bondoed.

both of your guys suits are turning out to be great!

keep it up and you'll have a suit in no time.

Will ou guys be building the HD files as well?

HD files? Only if we come across an insane amount of money and time XD

I know these guns are old news around here but... Looky at what we found!

HPIM0632.jpg

After a quick repaint...

HPIM0635.jpg

My four arm pieces

HPIM0637.jpg

The chest has been resinned, just cut it into two halves, now about to fiberglass it. My handplates have been primed.

C'mon guys, three updates in a row and nothing? Shame on you =P

I have gloves!

HPIM0638.jpg

Also, the two halves of my chest piece primed, though the back kinda warped a bit. On this timeframe I don't really have time to make another, so I'm gonna just hafta work with what I have.

HPIM0639.jpg

okay, the gun paint job looks really nice. I like the smokey-weathered look on the silver. The warping on the back doesn't look too bad Hopefully the problems should disappear once its all painted and you are wearing it.

Thanks for the compliment on the gun. Warping on the back is OK, but where it was laying down for the resin and stuff to dry, the two segments that come over the shoulder folded in so I may hafta wear it with loose straps if I can't modify it well enough.

I finally got my visor fitted today so my helmet is 100% done! The chest piece has been painted, need to touch up the black areas and do some detailing in the morning.

HPIM0643.jpg

Afr0Blu3 said:
Here's my housemate's progress, he's currently ahead of me by one bicep XD Being a bastard he has to make all his pep in green *rolls eyes*

HPIM0564.jpg

Oh, and seeing as we're going as red and blue I redrew our multiplayer emblem in PhotoShop to make a stencil from so we can spray it onto our armour later.

This is just a small .gif preview but the one we're actually using is at 300dpi and takes up half an A4 page.

FoxHoundHaloLogoAvatar.gif

hay real nice dude i love it man iam new to all this so if u dont mind what Pepakura print outs did you use think u can link me them i would appreciate it I like the way that armor cut outs look

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the RoboGenesis pack. I'm sure you can find it quite quickly if you search for it.

Test fitting the chest plate. Gonna try and put straps on my upper arms and pad my lower arms later tonight so I can try on the whole upper body together with the undersuit. The chest didn;t turn out quite the way I'd hoped, it seems to have a slant on the back so one side always looks higher than the other. The convention I'm wearing this to is in ten days though, so I don't have time to make another and this will have to do for now.

Resinned my belt, fiberglassing and hopefully painting that today, then I just hafta resin, fiberglass and paint my legs and boots.

HPIM0656.jpg

It's a tad big for me in the pec department, but with the undersuit/ rest of the armour on/ maybe some padding it won't be too noticeable (I hope)

HPIM0658.jpg

Looks like you'll have a decent MC costume for your deadline. Keep it up.

And that warping on the back of the torso may be quickly fixed with a hair dryer. Just heat the area for a few minutes on the inside, keeping the hair dryer an inch or so from the fiberglass, until it gets almost too hot to touch, then unwarp it and hold it there until it completley cools down. Make sure you only heat the area that you are fixing. You may want to wear some heavy gloves for this because it takes alot longer to cool than it does to heat up.

Good luck with your deadline.

Thanks man!

Small update. My housemate's caught up to me, so we took some photos together. His gloves aren't ready yet and my belt still needs strapping. Sorry for the quality of the photos, mobile phone.

10217_157470434919_507379919_253462.jpg

7731_157470089919_507379919_2534620.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back