Mk7 build (3D printing for the first time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primer done. I hope the red filler primer doesn't show through the final paint. Might try to cover it with the grey after.

Attachments

• IMG_1577.JPG
    IMG_1577.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
Primer done. I hope the red filler primer doesn't show through the final paint. Might try to cover it with the grey after.
After seeing the final color scheme you want, the black/gray parts should be good on the red filler primer but you may want another primer for the yellow spots. Maybe white or another yellow. Lighter colors like yellow also generally need more light layers of paint but it shouldn't be an issue!

After seeing the final color scheme you want, the black/gray parts should be good on the red filler primer but you may want another primer for the yellow spots. Maybe white or another yellow. Lighter colors like yellow also generally need more light layers of paint but it shouldn't be an issue!
Good idea, wouldn't want those yellow pieces turning orange or anything lol. Thanks for the tip! I'll try the white primer

My test paint is complete! I bought a yellow paint but then found some gold colour in the garage and decided to try it. I'm kinda liking it. It's a good contrast to the dull, primer-looking grey.

Attachments

• IMG_1580.JPG
    IMG_1580.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1582.JPG
    IMG_1582.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 114
Looking great man. Did you figure out your strapping system? I used some button release buckle clips on my chest armor. I know the pic is missing a shin and the boots. But they are done now. Just gotta get a new photo lol
16DE8500-9AEE-41FF-9CD3-1075B5E78AC3.jpeg

That is looking great! How sturdy is the armour after applying the fiberglass?
Thanks! It becomes much sturdier. The thigh pieces I had were very thin and could easily bend and snap if I pressed down on them. After 1 layer of fibreglass on the inside and out, it wouldn't bend and could survive decent pressure. I imagine if you put the fibreglass cloth it would be quite tough to break.

Looking great man. Did you figure out your strapping system? I used some button release buckle clips on my chest armor. I know the pic is missing a shin and the boots. But they are done now. Just gotta get a new photo lolView attachment 320323
Awesome armour! Loving the pink and cyan highlights on black, it reminds me of the cyber showdown neon skin. Seeing other mk7s is so extremely helpful for reference. For straps I just hot glue black straps with buckles for the chest and cod. Thigh piece is going to be attached to the cod with probably velcro straps. Everything else just gets stuffed with sponge and shoved into place lool--at least that's what I used to do with foam armour, not sure how well it'll hold with heavier 3d pieces.

Second coating applied to some of the pieces before I started melting from the heat. I'll work on taping the rest of the set and pick up the spray painting tomorrow. I can probably finish the third layer on the helmet and chest too.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 98
Second coating applied to some of the pieces before I started melting from the heat. I'll work on taping the rest of the set and pick up the spray painting tomorrow. I can probably finish the third layer on the helmet and chest too.
Looking beautiful!! I love that gold you chose, what is it?

Last edited:
Wow satin clear coat makes so much difference from the glossy unfinished version. This was just a test, I'll weather and detail the other pieces before applying the clear satin coat. I have no idea how to do weathering tho so maybe I'll just be a super clean shiny spartan lool
IMG_1663.JPG

Put everything on the ground to get a rough idea of what it would look like. It just occurred to me that I didn't make any shoes yet. It happens every year. The shoes are just something that I don't even think of until it's too late lool.
img_1706-png.320914

I'm also not sure how I'm going to attach the extremely heavy back piece to the chest piece. I tried clips but they're so awkward to place on this specific armour. Maybe a combo of magnets and elastics? We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back