MLC's journey to becoming MC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well MLC, ones again the armor is look really good and looks ''fresh'' out of the factory.

I do have one question, if you look at the your Printroom picture: halo3.141. The upper armor looks a bit to small on the torso, or are you just a tall man?

falcon NL said:
Well MLC, ones again the armor is look really good and looks ''fresh'' out of the factory.

I do have one question, if you look at the your Printroom picture: halo3.141. The upper armor looks a bit to small on the torso, or are you just a tall man?

hes just tall and has got a belly, so if it looks smallish on him, its perfect for most people

Last edited by a moderator:
falcon NL said:

Thanks ;)

Well, I dont know if you guys consider me tall - I'm 5'11". That black shirt is kinda long - it passes further down my waist. It must've given you an illusion making the armor smaller perhaps?
I was planning to also wear my finished pep belt with that shot (since I also have a Pep AR with me in the pics), but got lazy enough to wear it.
Most of the Pep stuff I'm doing is from Slyfo - helmet is 19.sumthing scale (default).....I used a flat 20 scale for the torso armor to account (if any) for my bigger belly :lol:

However, actual scaling went out the door since the sides were modified to fit my body snug.

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

MLC said:
Thanks ;)

Well, I dont know if you guys consider me tall - I'm 5'11". That black shirt is kinda long - it passes further down my waist. It must've given you an illusion making the armor smaller perhaps?
I was planning to also wear my finished pep belt with that shot (since I also have a Pep AR with me in the pics), but got lazy enough to wear it.
Most of the Pep stuff I'm doing is from Slyfo - helmet is 19.sumthing scale (default).....I used a flat 20 scale for the torso armor to account (if any) for my bigger belly :lol:

However, actual scaling went out the door since the sides were modified to fit my body snug.

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

Okay that good to hear! I just asked because your waist looked so far down ;) I was look trough your pictures (again) and i just notice, on the back of you chest you have the lower ''black'' parts. Aren't these to parts to suppose to touch you under suite ? I know this looks like criticism but please look at it like positive feedback :)

By the way, Im still thinking about V masks, you will hear about that some time soon :rolleyes. If you already have a price list for All of you Halo stuff please PM me or send me a email :)

falcon NL said:
Okay that good to hear! I just asked because your waist looked so far down ;) I was look trough your pictures (again) and i just notice, on the back of you chest you have the lower ''black'' parts. Aren't these to parts to suppose to touch you under suite ? I know this looks like criticism but please look at it like positive feedback :)

By the way, Im still thinking about V masks, you will hear about that some time soon :rolleyes. If you already have a price list for All of you Halo stuff please PM me or send me a email :)

Yes, those black detail parts are suppose to touch the undersuit - you're absolutely right. A bit artistic freedom from my part, I guess. Can easily be added thru black paint I guess.
Just email me about the V masks when you guys are ready ;)

********************************************************************************

Update 12/14/07

Some of the members of our local Star Wars 501st outpost will also join me in Halo costuming, so you guys might like to see the "unpainted but primered smooth" body armor/helmet they ordered.
Last 2 pics in my album:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?use...6&curpage=5

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

Awsome! Only thing is though I think the paint looks to.....Flat...If you used Adams paint tutorial this look AMAZING! But yeah nice job man, you got some serious skills there!

smilie120 said:
Awsome! Only thing is though I think the paint looks to.....Flat...If you used Adams paint tutorial this look AMAZING! But yeah nice job man, you got some serious skills there!
I think he mentioned earlier that he was waiting until all of the pieces were done to go beyond flat green so he could achieve a consistent look throughout

Skope said:
I think he mentioned earlier that he was waiting until all of the pieces were done to go beyond flat green so he could achieve a consistent look throughout

Aaaah sorry I must have missed that, I was skimming through some posts. Well AWSOME work!

smilie120 said:
Aaaah sorry I must have missed that, I was skimming through some posts.
understandable, there are 15 pages. easy to miss just one post. no harm

Mardon! Thank God!

I've just recently decided to start my Master Chief Project, and thought I'd be a little too shy to dip my toes in the water, and slightly overwhelmed at the researching/sourcing task ahead, but seeing some familiar faces here has eased my worries. So from just trawling through this enormous gawk-fest of a thread, I've recognised you, Lewis, and John from TDH, and I'm sure there are some others who will poke their heads up to say hi soon.

I must say that when I saw the thread title, I already knew that what I saw would be amazing, and I'm happy to have been right.

P.S. You've got mail

MLC said:
Hi everyone,

After about 2 weeks of browsing thru the forum - I've decided to showcase what I've done so far in my quest of becoming MC!
Pics are in my online photo album:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?use...album_id=224186

For my first attempt at Pep, I just used ordinary paper to practice & to try scaling - too bad as it was sized for a dog! :p
2nd attempt was using Dannifoof4less files in 220GSM Vellum stock card and it was a perfect fit as I am also 5'11".
After completion, I decided to try another helmet that would have a bit more detail, so I went for Slyfo's files. Both default files seems to be the same size after completion.

While I was having the inside of the helmet fiberglassed, I decided to try out Slyfo's body/torso armor just to properly verify the scale - however, since I have a 41" tummy, I increased the scale +1.00.
I'll be adding some details to both the helmet & body/torso armors to prepare it for molding before I make other armor pieces.

Today, I added cardboard detail parts to the helmet (check out the last 5 pics of the album) in preparation for bondo & molding after. In the next few days, I'll be working on the detailing of the torso armor.

I'm basing off my reference on this:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3158

Please let me know what you think.

MLC

plz give me links for ur armor... mine are either WAY TOO BIG, or the size of a dog's head :( help
send me a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back