Molding / Casting a vest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Shot

Does anyone know if it would be possible to go about making a vest the same way as a helmet. In that i mean can its be molded in a rubber jacket and then cast in plastic or is there a special way to go about doing this?

Vest.. You mean chestplate?
Sure you can, but give it some structural support, like some metal rods, or wooden dowels in the clay.

Total noob to molding, much less making non-fabric costumes, here, but would it be possible to make a mold off of reinforced pep armor?

M Solo 1017 said:
Total noob to molding, much less making non-fabric costumes, here, but would it be possible to make a mold off of reinforced pep armor?

Sorry if i wasn't to clear but this is what i actually meant ^^. i Have a odst vest already glassed and was wondering if that can be molded the same way spase did his helm. I think it could be done as long as i seal up 3 of the four holes in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you take a look at this video you can see Adam about in the middle (1:45, actually) kind of showing how a mold of a chest piece looks.

I'm really striving to make my pep armor great, because I'd like to mold and cast most if not all of the pieces. It's doable, but you're right, you'll want to seal it pretty much all up. I plan on fiberglassing the hell out of it for strength, and resining and bondoing the outside for smoothness and detail.

Nicktendo said:
If you take a look at this video you can see Adam about in the middle (1:45, actually) kind of showing how a mold of a chest piece looks.

I'm really striving to make my pep armor great, because I'd like to mold and cast most if not all of the pieces. It's doable, but you're right, you'll want to seal it pretty much all up. I plan on fiberglassing the hell out of it for strength, and resining and bondoing the outside for smoothness and detail.

Thanks this site had a great vid and it will help me out a lot when making this mold.

i love the part in the end when that red dude mows that little tree down,looks like you can really boogie in tose suits.

I could be completely wrong... but I think only the front of the chest piece is molded... The inside doesn't need to... Because it doesn't have any details that are seen... :\

Macattack64 said:
I could be completely wrong... but I think only the front of the chest piece is molded... The inside doesn't need to... Because it doesn't have any details that are seen... :\

I wasn't planning on molding the inside of the pep model, what i meant was that the head and arm holes would need to be filled to that when you make a mold of the outside there is only the hole for the waist that way you can pour in the plastic and not have to worry bout multiple holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back