Molding Underarmor Pieces On The Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
necromancy1.jpg

Dammit I love this pic.

You posted this exact thing twice. Not to pick on you, but both times it has been in a thread not relating to what youre asking about. Since this thread is no longer relative in any way... I think Rundowns ODST was very easy to assemble. And making your own is a great idea.

So is making sure what you post is relevant to the thread youre in.

You will get the most help by reading the sticky topics in the Noob forum. It will help you avoid this situation and educate you in making your own armor.

I'm sorry to necro this, but I was wondering if this could be done with some of the more plate-like armor pieces, like the knees, shins, and boots. Has anyone tried something like this since the intitial post?

I'm sorry to necro this, but I was wondering if this could be done with some of the more plate-like armor pieces, like the knees, shins, and boots. Has anyone tried something like this since the intitial post?

I think a necro is valid if you have something useful to ask/say, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Here's a video I found, I didn't watch the whole thing, but it seems like hot-glue moulding is actually a thing. In the video I think she's using clay for the mould, not sure though. I read that spraying your mould with WD-40 or any spray-lubricant you can find will make seperation of the parts easy as pie. If you test it, be sure to post pictures, I'm also curious!

PS: The video has no relevance to Halo or Armouring I don't think, but it can be used for a variety of things.

-S420

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I am new and am looking to make some armor is there anywhere on the site for a tutorial for how to make some sweet looking armor. I you can help me that is awesome.

Hey I am new and am looking to make some armor is there anywhere on the site for a tutorial for how to make some sweet looking armor. I you can help me that is awesome.

Yes. It's called 'the site'. Do some researching, look around some before asking questions. There are dozens of stuck threads that will answer most of your questions.

Every once in a while, a thread you've never discovered gets necro'd and it turns out to be something awesome that you would have otherwise missed.

There is a super awesome tutorial in the middle of this thread that is worth a look!

That is a pretty cool idea, just one (theoretical) problem.

What if the glue starts melting? (it could happen)

Would glue sniffers come and sniff you? it might just be me, but people sniffing you is F***ING creepy. (Punch in the face creepy)

Hmmm. I might have to try this when I get to my under armor...

I can see hot glue on that volume to be really expensive. Where did you get it, and how much was it? Is Silicone rubber any cheaper?

Is this considered a re-necro? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back