Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonkey

Jr Member
I am making a pepaura version of 343 guilty spark. I am using the file found in the database forum. I will post pics when done assembling it. Anyway halfway through assembling it I noticed I did all the folds backwards. i.e: I did mountain folds as valley folds and vica versa. I also noticed it looked identical to the 3D reprenstattion in Pepakura. The only difference is that all the fold lines are on the inside of the model. Would this happen with every pep. or did I just get lucky?

shadow8136 said:
the monitor's eye floats in the middle so good luck with that....
Fishing line? Thread? Or even better, several very strong electro magnets. I like the last best, and it could be possible (maybe hard though.)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm... i think strong nylon fibers from women's stockings or something. i used to do magic and stretched out nylon fibers were nearly invisible u had to get VERY close to it to see

shadow8136 said:
the monitor's eye floats in the middle so good luck with that....
that center ball bit with the fins out the back floats as well. hes made of 3 floating objects. :\ hope you manage it thoe.

I am most likely going to be using fishing line due to the fact that is sturdy and cheap. Also I am currently anticipating the arrival of a neodymium magnet with a 60lb pull force. Later If i decide to ugrade it I will buy a few of those. I am currently just working on the pepakura version and will most likely add details in a few weeks. Please keep posting ideas on how to do the blueness...

your faces are flipped, and you can either reverse the folds or re-print with the faces unflipped in edit mode....but thats annoying to re-do the layout.

I've assembled several pieces with the folds reversed. It's a little harder when you're looking for a certain number, but after it's assembled, but before it'd fiberglassed, it look a lot nicer. It doesn't have all of the little numbers and looks nice and clean.

I will be finishing the folding and gluing either tomorrow or saturday. I have been swamped with essays, projects, tests, and my schools musical. So It has basically sat in the legendary edition box for the past two weeks...

Edit: Folding and gluing will be done tomorrow due to my clumsiness. Basically I finished it yesterday around midnight. Then I went to sleep. I woke up and got out of bed and discovered I had accidentally rolled over onto one of the parts in my sleep. That part is effectively crushed...

The folding and gluing is done unfortunately I haven't figured out how to keep the pieces in place. After I am done with my current project I will figure it out, resin, and paint it.

43864465_small.jpg

a reference picture

IMG_1579.jpg

the "eye"

IMG_1582.jpg

another piece

IMG_1585.jpg

part of the "body"

IMG_1587.jpg

"all together now!"

IMG_1588.jpg

"I am 343 guilty spark monitor of installation 04"

Tater Mane said:
Why did you glue the tabs on the outside?
Its a solid object so I would think its hard to glue the tabs on the inside.

Other than that, this monitor is HAWT!

Spartan 061 said:
HEy bud, why dont you READ the other posts?
I did. No one said anything about the tabs being on the outside.

Apparently YOU need to read the other posts.
Keegan said:
Its a solid object so I would think its hard to glue the tabs on the inside.

Other than that, this monitor is HAWT!
Youd be surprised how easy it is.

Robogenisis said:
I've assembled several pieces with the folds reversed. It's a little harder when you're looking for a certain number, but after it's assembled, but before it'd fiberglassed, it look a lot nicer. It doesn't have all of the little numbers and looks nice and clean.

Darth Monkey said:
I am making a pepaura version of 343 guilty spark. I am using the file found in the database forum. I will post pics when done assembling it. Anyway halfway through assembling it I noticed I did all the folds backwards. i.e: I did mountain folds as valley folds and vica versa. I also noticed it looked identical to the 3D reprenstattion in Pepakura. The only difference is that all the fold lines are on the inside of the model. Would this happen with every pep. or did I just get lucky?

rvb4life said:
your faces are flipped, and you can either reverse the folds or re-print with the faces unflipped in edit mode....but thats annoying to re-do the layout.

This is what he was talking about. THe guy made it backwards (valley folds as mountain and mountains as valley)

That should affect the placement of the tabs on this particular model.

ANYWAY!

Looks good so far, Im anticipating your method of connecting the parts.

yeah, its easier for some than others. i personally cant stand it.

nice monitor, you should have tried the full-size one (HA 90 pages YEAH RIGHT! :D)

I will do the full size one after I do this one and finish the elite armor I am working on. I am using this one as a small scale technique practice piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back