movie making programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
movie makin? or movie editing? for editing my weapon of choice is Final cut express HD. good software decent price. definetely worth it. a little difficult to understand but once you get the hang of it its pretty fun....unless you have a PC...but if you have a PC im not even going to speak to you :evil:

go find yourself a pirated copy of adobe premiere... That's some good stuff.

Adam said:

as a former employee of adobe, I cannot officially sanction such an action.

but as a disgruntled former employee, I say dude, go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redsleighdown said:
epoch9 said:
Adam said:

as a former employee of adobe, I cannot officially sanction such an action.

lol

epoch9 said:
but as a disgruntled former employee, I say dude, go for it.

LOL!

also, I'm not a fan of premiere.

but it has great cross-over abilities with all the other adobe programs

like After effects for your SFX
you can create stuff in photoshop (titles etc.)
and then you can edit your sound in Audition.

if you want all that

check out the studio bundle or something like it

I would go with Premiere, since thats what I'm pretty much working with at my local Career Center, also for SFX, go with Adobe After Effects, I saw a guy using that on my Job Shadow, and I was like OMFG :shock: but yeah, go with pirated, its free, and it makes you go ARRR! :dee: XD

Zeke30695 said:
I would go with Premiere, since thats what I'm pretty much working with at my local Career Center, also for SFX, go with Adobe After Effects, I saw a guy using that on my Job Shadow, and I was like OMFG :shock: but yeah, go with pirated, its free, and it makes you go ARRR! :dee: XD

pretty much what I just said ;-)

epoch9 said:
Zeke30695 said:

pretty much what I just said ;-)

True... Very True... Minus the After Effects XD

I agree with zeke. But since your new do premiere now that way you understand editing. Get into after effects because thats the bomb digity and everyone uses it.

Final Cut is getting to be the Hollywood Standard as is After Effects but get into all of them.

Premiere is easier to learn before final cut, but learn both. You need to be bilingual.

Chewdog316 said:
I agree with zeke. But since your new do premiere now that way you understand editing. Get into after effects because thats the bomb digity and everyone uses it.

Final Cut is getting to be the Hollywood Standard as is After Effects but get into all of them.

Premiere is easier to learn before final cut, but learn both. You need to be bilingual.

final cut is a good middle of the road program. a lot of TV uses it.

the big Hollywood studios most likely have an Avid setup, but that's basically a million bucks

(it's so worth it though :lindsey: )

What most people already mentioned: Adobe Premiere is very easy to learn and has alot of different options to make things easier/cooler or whatever you're looking for.

And while I find Adobe After Effects a bit more confusing at first compared to Premiere, it's actually quite good and user friendly (once you got the hang of it) and you can do some pretty neat things that you can later add into premiere.

And believe or not, Photoshop comes in handy quite alot too from time to time. For instance, if you want to make lasers, lightsabers and don't want to do rotoscoping, you can easily save the entire clip into frames and make the lasers frame by frame. (Reason for why I used lasers as example is because this is a Halo forum after all - oh wait, are there lasers in Halo?).

anyway, with these three softwares you can easily do more than you think you actually can.

there is some preset thing for lasers and swords and what not as well as muzzle blasts and stuff. ill get back to you whats its called my firned uses it.

Im telling you, Final Cut is weeding its way into hollywood replacing avid. True alot of studios still use avid, because they are use to it, but the simplicity in final cut with the strengths of Avid is taking over. A few years ago someone wond an academy award for editing and it was with final cut.

Just saying its good to be versatile.

By the way if you really want to you can get a great copy of avid studio for 300 bucks. Or d/l it but its better to have the actual disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back