Moz's Mark 5 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh gawd... I need... a towel...

I especially love the antenna and little blue light in the backpack. IDK why, just seems to be a nice touch :)

I think this deserves the Elite Showcase, anybody agree?
I've never seen anyone make armor with Metal. Kudos!

Over the last 3 days I've managed to not win 10 000 dollars in contests.

I've lost to a cardboard lego man suit, a 12 foot clown, all the characters from wizard of Oz, and a traffic pylon.

f*** the master chief.

I'm really sorry to hear that Moz.
You really should have won man, thats all a load of crap.
I also say this should be moved to Elite.

Ended up doing the same thing with the voice changer Moz, love the bit about "If I talk like this all night..." lol. Snazzy gun holster, I'm jealous. I agree about the chief this year... Epic Fail. lol Tough luck, very impressive work though.

Cheers,
Kensai

Well thats a bummer! But look at it like this:

You got (probably) THE best M5 build on this planet, and if people don't appreciate you costume it there loss. And there a good chance that you will some contest in the future (Comiccon, DragonCon )

no, there is still one man on this site with a better m5 suit then his, and no one can beat his epic win. His name is sigma LOL!

AI Blue Fox said:
no, there is still one man on this site with a better m5 suit then his, and no one can beat his epic win. His name is sigma LOL!

Um, what happened to putting people down?
And Sigma's looked like a rush Job to me kinda.
No offense Siggy, I love yours, but I think Moz's is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
AI Blue Fox said:

No, Sigma doesn't have the best Halo 1 Mark V. Moz's Mark V is the best out there.

Couple of friends were thinking of doing a halo short film with me since we've got the costume and I thought I'd have money for it. We'd do it ala the combine interview which I directed.

Doesn't look like it's happening now though if I can't pay for it and it's difficult to fund raise for something that is based on copywrited material.

Moz said:
Started my rebuild for halloween. Taking a bit of a different route this year:

I am not going to do the whole suit this way, especially without any metal working equipment but instead mix it with fibreglass and matte board.

i should probably do something like this underneath my MKVI torso to keep it from getting FUBAR.

Moz said:
Over the last 3 days I've managed to not win 10 000 dollars in contests.

I've lost to a cardboard lego man suit, a 12 foot clown, all the characters from wizard of Oz, and a traffic pylon.
f*** the master chief.

LOL!!!!!!

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Or...

Step 1. Paint all nice and purdy.

Step 2. Buy an assault weapon.

Step 3. Spray and pray

Step 4. Done!

OK, dig this,

I only bring this up because of safety issues. DO NOT attempt to shoot your armor with an assault rifle. Steel will not stop much more than a 22LR round, and even then it will put an ugly dent in your armor. Spraying a piece with birdshot or even a BB gun is actually more dangerous, due to a more likely ricochet. If the projectile does not ricochet, then it will turn your armor into swiss cheese. Once more, please do not attempt this. We make armor replicas, not armor.

There was a young man who won the Darwin Award by betting his friend a knife would not penetrate Kevlar. He was so confident that he wore the Kevlar vest while he was stabbed.

depends on the 22lr bullet in question high velocity of standard? also I wouldn't trust cold rolled steel, maybe plate steel that's 1 inch thick, but not even that can stop a bullet. so maybe Kevlar plus carbon fiber with a dragon hide plate design then we can talk total protection.

sybrfreq said:
I especially love the antenna and little blue light in the backpack. IDK why, just seems to be a nice touch :)

Its from the pre-Xbox days :) Bungie used to have the Chief have an antenna. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back