Moz's Mark 5 Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
d1omede5 said:
OK, dig this,

I only bring this up because of safety issues. DO NOT attempt to shoot your armor with an assault rifle. Steel will not stop much more than a 22LR round, and even then it will put an ugly dent in your armor. Spraying a piece with birdshot or even a BB gun is actually more dangerous, due to a more likely ricochet. If the projectile does not ricochet, then it will turn your armor into swiss cheese. Once more, please do not attempt this. We make armor replicas, not armor.

There was a young man who won the Darwin Award by betting his friend a knife would not penetrate Kevlar. He was so confident that he wore the Kevlar vest while he was stabbed.

Ok, dude, I know that. I was making a tasteless joke.

But yeah, you've got a point. Don't take me seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
AI Blue Fox said:
no, there is still one man on this site with a better m5 suit then his, and no one can beat his epic win. His name is sigma LOL!

Your attempt to flatter the mods is a complete FAILure. That was not a very well constructed "omg maek mah modehh soo i cn ben pepplzzz" reply, anyways. If you're going to suck up to the moderators, do it right, OK?

------------------

ANYWAYS, contests are always being cheated, rigged, or weighted in some way, shape, or form. This fact is unavoidable, although sometimes hard to notice. I would have picked your cotume, since it is fully Halo: CE accurate. However, the world's majority of people cannot use their empty heads to look past the more famous and common Halo 3 Mark VI to that characters less recent predecessor.

The thick-and-empty skull fad is one that will never go out of style, I suppose.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Your attempt to flatter the mods is a complete FAILure. That was not a very well constructed "omg maek mah modehh soo i cn ben pepplzzz" reply, anyways. If you're going to suck up to the moderators, do it right, OK?

------------------

ANYWAYS, contests are always being cheated, rigged, or weighted in some way, shape, or form. This fact is unavoidable, although sometimes hard to notice. I would have picked your cotume, since it is fully Halo: CE accurate. However, the world's majority of people cannot use their empty heads to look past the more famous and common Halo 3 Mark VI to that characters less recent predecessor.

The thick-and-empty skull fad is one that will never go out of style, I suppose.

And your attempt to suck up to Moz also falls in the Failboat region. My new suit is a H3 Mk VI with a H3 Mk V head anyway. :p

I'll be the first to admit that the Mk V suit I made last year was a POS compared to Moz's stuff. His is not "fully Halo: CE accurate" because of the forearms, cod, and belt but damn if it isn't the best old school Mk V I've ever seen. Beats the guy with the blue one at Texas A&M though they are both great.

Moz buddy, when you read this. Get up some full suit profile pics up so everyone can see the complete profile front and back (the lower legs are too dark to really make out in your vid). Maybe a couple poses with a weapon or something for the Showcase and I'll move this over to Elite for ya. :D

How did i miss this thread???
Brilliant work! nicest MK V I've ever seen! plus made from metal.... that is just epic.

as always I rarely get any pictures back.

Still looking at a halo short film. The problem is since this suit is very custom made it's difficult to find an actor it fits well on.

Moz said:
as always I rarely get any pictures back.

Still looking at a halo short film. The problem is since this suit is very custom made it's difficult to find an actor it fits well on.

Just do what I do... Be your own star :)

RadioactiV777 said:
So why is that hard drive in the back pack anyways?

After Halloween friend of mine dubbed it the virginity sensor because throughout the night at least a dozen awkward guys would try and impress crowds with their hardware recognizing ability.

The real magic is that it's actually the inside of a DVD player and is shaped nothing like a real hard drive.

I look forward to taking it out next year.

edit:

I also finished the boots and buttplate awhile back, but the photographer had a scheduling mess up and then it just never got steam again. When things slow down I'll consider it again.

HaloFreakX said:
Niice suit, what kind of sheet metal did you use?

aluminum and (very) thin steel plate. I would not recommend it.

Here is a small update since I've decided to be proactive for Halloween. Re-doing the wrist pieces and building in a special place for my ipod/iphone. My suit is actually buried in storage so I threw on a military tunic and some slick shades to emulate the effect. Nothing interesting really, I hope to have some real content when I get some fibreglassing done tomorrow.

Wait, this suit isn't done? Could have fooled me! :lol: I honestly thought your suit was fully finished Moz! I think it looks excellent just the way it is, but hey, if you want to add to it that's cool too. I'll be watching foor more cool stuff here ;)

Starting to do my glassing a little later today than I expected so not very much to show.
I am thinking of cheating a little bit more and changing the chest plate for a CQB chest but I am going to wait until I get some polystyrene and built it from plastic instead.

HeavyGunner: nothing is ever finished!

The look mostly. Especially the knife attachment, but I guess I could just at that to my current breast plate. My whole suit is willfully inaccurate because I've styled as if it could real today instead of "distant futuristic"

My suit is still not on hand but I am pressing forward with my wrist pieces. I am going to redo the iphone insert one as the fibreglass made it too thick. I hope to get some polystyrene by mid week to rebuild it with.

Wrists are finished. Not as comfortable as I hoped but I have other things to work on so I'm calling them finished.

Need to do the shins and boots next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back