My 1st armor. what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you plan on using for the visor? If I may suggest, a bisected CD Carousel lid works like a charm. Color it with orange and gold sharpies, and stick it in that bad-boy. That's how my visor was done. It's cheap, and looks pretty cool when combined with cardboard materials. You also might want to drill two holes on the bottom of each side of the visor, to improve on ventilation. The visor does tend to fog up a bit...

The helmet is a little lopsided. Also, mosty of the height should come from the jaw, and not the middle area. The jaw itself also shouldn't potrude that much. Everything else is perfect.

The upper arms look a little flat, and the helmet seems a little 'wonky', but all in all I'd say you're off to a good start.

The chest section is fabulous. Stay that tight on everything else, and you'll have a fine set of armor.

Good job, thanks for sharing those pics!

-Sean

very good for the first time though you should use the pepakura tutorial pic on the site for the helmet but everything else was awesome. I dont have the link at the moment could someone post it for him its very helpful

wow good job. you had the same idea as me ;-) ! im hoping mine will be similar. but good work! :mrgreen:

i dont think this is your armour someone else posded these pics before ad claimed it was theirs.....so whos is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I hope to have it done before the year is over. I have a pic of me wearing the armor, as to prove it IS mine. I didn't put the helmet on cus' I didn't wanna mess my hawk :p hope you like it.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1180380

I also havent finished th shin or foot armor yet.

Also would it be cool if when I paint it, I use the pixelized army camoflage patter all over it. You know like the soldiers in Iraqu have now adays? Let me know if you like the idea. Thanks!

ACenGuyScarecrow said:
Yeah I hope to have it done before the year is over. I have a pic of me wearing the armor, as to prove it IS mine. I didn't put the helmet on cus' I didn't wanna mess my hawk :p hope you like it.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1180380

I also havent finished th shin or foot armor yet.

Also would it be cool if when I paint it, I use the pixelized army camoflage patter all over it. You know like the soldiers in Iraqu have now adays? Let me know if you like the idea. Thanks!

test out that pixelized paintjob on a forearm piece to see how it looks, then post it. i can picture it in my head, but a visual would sell the idea better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking cool.

I'll probably be kicking around Ohayocon.... If I don't get roped into working security, hopefully a fair bit.

I look forward to the possibility of seeing the final product in person.

Who knows, there might be a few Spartans and other UNSC personnel running around.

[Added]

Oh, yeah, when you do the Camo I'd suggest starting with a white sealant and working darker in the subsequent layers.

An interesting way to add physical roughness to areas without damaging the underlay, as well as making things black and grippable, is a spray on rubber tool grip that you might be able to find at Lowes, Home Depot, ACE, or an auto shop.

Doe's anyone have a link to a finished set of pepakura armor? Painted, fiberglassed the hole 9 yards. I want to see because I was thinking of scrapping my armor and doing it all in pepakura, but I don't want it to look all polygonish after I'm done. I want to try and smooth out the edges. Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back