My 90% Finished Mkvi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Hey guys just wanted to post my almost finished MKVI helmet. :D It really came out good. Spent many hours on detail pieces and about a month solid on the helmet itself. I have a lot of experience with bondo and resin becauase of my former job as a custom speakerbox builder. I also know where to find good prices on all that stuff! 7.00 dollar gallons of bondo and 11.00 dollar gallons of resin really helped with my budget, But all in all in only cost me about 100.00 bucks to build. These are just building pics i just finished casting it and should have my cast pictures up soon. Thx hope you like it!

thats lookn niiiice! what kind of resin is that or how are you doin it? just taken bondo and just dumping it on there then shaving off all the drips and sanding it etc.?

Hey man it looks great i was wondering if you could help me out with finding the dimensions of the halo helmet. it looks like you started with polygon shapes to form the helmet them coated it with an apoxy.

PS cant wait to see it finished!!!

Robbie Social

Thanks!I found that mixing bondo, bondo hair, and resin at a 1:1:2 ratio and then pouring it in the helmet was the easiest way. It gave it a lot of strengh and also helped with the detail work.
And as for what i started with Robbie i used pepakura. It is a software used to build 3d objects out of paper. Just do a little research on this site and you will have more than enough resources. Hope it helps!
And i might just go with the good ole fashion green battle damged armor.

oh, so the first couple pictures are of you dumping a bondo/resin mixture (rondo/mud) on to the helmet, whereas the last one is of the silicone molding rubber being brushed on to the helmet?

303Jets said:
Actually both pictures are of the casting process.

Oh ok. That makes more sense. Nice work! It'll be cool to see how the cast turns out. Did you reinforce the brim part at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet more molding!!! I would love to try but no space (or $$$) also nice job on the bondo! helm looks great
looking out for the final product!

Looks fantastic. I find the hole casting process really interesting, hopefully I'll get up the courage to try it some day!

Finishing up with the cast. The silicone dried up real nice and i just now poured some plastic in the mold. I will keep you guys posted. :cool:

1st pull went bad. :mad: I used the wrong plastic. C1515? I purchased some smooth cast 300 so i will post more pics when finished.

That sucks buddy :(
Hopefully, the next one will rock ;)

EDIT : And if you need a new home for this bad pull, I have some room :p

you have probably already had this question, but may i ask where you got your bondo and resin? that would help a lot, because i am kind of short on cash and this seems like a good price! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back