MY ARMOR, HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam2

ok i want 2 create a good replica of the chiefs armor but i dont want 2 spent alot and have no idea what im doing. plz help!

adam2 said:
ok i want 2 create a good replica of the chiefs armor but i dont want 2 spent alot and have no idea what im doing. plz help!

Use Pepakura... :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Macattack64 said:
Use Pepakura... :\

i looked at that put i dont have a lot of materials and that just prints on paper and my printers screwed

adam2 said:
i did.....lets not go there

Well then you don't have very many options... I'd say your pretty close to screwed... :\

Macattack64 said:
Well then you don't have very many options... I'd say your pretty close to screwed... :\
how did other ppl get there armor 2 look so good?

adam2 said:
how did other ppl get there armor 2 look so good?

Pepakura, Body filler, hard work, or Molding it all from hand and costing a good chunk... :\

Or of course buying some... Don't think you'll get too far... It all depends on how much your willing to spend...

Look at stickies.

Ive spent probably 150$ so far. And all I've got so far is an almost finished helmet. And when I say, almsot finished I mean, I made it out of cardstock paper and have most of it fiberglassed. Im waiting on 4lbs of clay to come in the mail.

Its not going to be free or easy. Its hard, but very well worth it.

yeah you're pretty much screwed
[X] pepakura
[X] cardboard/mat board
[ ] sculpting, molding, painting

^^^
thats your last option and it aint gonna be cheap or easy in any way possible

I´ll give you my opinion on how to... mull this problem over.

Listen up, if you don´t like my idea please don´t shoot me, just trying to help.

I have been lucky enough to buy a armor though I´ve tried a lot (before this site was even on) and everything failed. Now using this site and before I found my NAS armour in my mail box I tried a diffirent approach. Listen up ya´all.

I took the pepakura armor including the pepakura program, took it with me to a ,what you call m in america?, Print shops (the proffesional ones with the big machines) and orederd them (for the right money) to print me that armour scale 1:1 and a sort of cardboard/paper combo. Making it flexible but sturdy enough. Works very well and is very very cheap! Then after having donde that I would´ve fiberglassed it. painted is (maybe even detaill it a bit more with greenstuff *warhammer* and things).

I never came to finish it, gave the kit away to a friend (because at that moment I got my armor in) but the helmet (which is the one I started on) came out very very nicely. Thats the option I would recomend you!

Then after fiber glassing it u can paint it ,etc.

Enjoy!

TK-3350 said:

Listen up, if you don´t like my idea please don´t shoot me, just trying to help.

I have been lucky enough to buy a armor though I´ve tried a lot (before this site was even on) and everything failed. Now using this site and before I found my NAS armour in my mail box I tried a diffirent approach. Listen up ya´all.

I took the pepakura armor including the pepakura program, took it with me to a ,what you call m in america?, Print shops (the proffesional ones with the big machines) and orederd them (for the right money) to print me that armour scale 1:1 and a sort of cardboard/paper combo. Making it flexible but sturdy enough. Works very well and is very very cheap! Then after having donde that I would´ve fiberglassed it. painted is (maybe even detaill it a bit more with greenstuff *warhammer* and things).

I never came to finish it, gave the kit away to a friend (because at that moment I got my armor in) but the helmet (which is the one I started on) came out very very nicely. Thats the option I would recomend you!

Enjoy!

this is actually relatively close to what I do. I print the Pep patterns out, and glue them to chipboard ( a type of cardboard) and go from there. It's all in what you're comfortable working with.

TK-3350 said:

Enjoy!

now theres and idea. but i wont be able 2 do that till we get a non screwed up printer that prints. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back