My book Halo: Red Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Blue Fox

well as you guessed I'm writing a short 200 pg book called Halo: Red Team.Inspired by the books by Eric Nylund and Tobias S buckle, I decided to add my own story to the series. After reading all the books (with the exception of Halo: the flood by William Deitz(basically halo:combat evolved)) I now have a thorough if not complete understanding of the halo storyline (with the exception of the Giant plot black hole of the differences between halo: the fall of reach and Halo: Reach) and wish to add my story. as most of us know, the story of the spartan IIs is a sad one. starting with 75 recruits and, after augmentation, only about 30 healthy spartans. In the end the only Spartan IIs left alive are Fred, Linda, Kelly, And John (master chief) who are all ACTUALLY missing in action (not the "spartans never die" MIA). I decided to add a few possibilities to the mix, and an attempt to through out some more interest until the next Halo game witch shall be made by who knows who..

Back Cover:

The year is 2552. The covenant are on their way to Earth and nothing lies in their path. All hope is seemingly lost, But the survival of the human race is may again be in the hands of Humanities greatest super soldiers.

But this time, We have a plan.

Spartan 228, Joseph, was your run of the mill spartan. Fast, agile and smart. He could sneak into a fully defended base and eliminate every person in it without making a sound. But nothing, not even the brutal training or the painful augmentation, could have prepared 228 for the adventure he was about to embark on. With the help of his teammates, and his gun, he might just survive long enough to make it to his destination.

It was a bit farther then expected

for the rest your gonna have to wait for an update this Thursday (if I'm not to lazy to get on my computer after my birthday party)

p.s. for Joe's bio check out the character bio page. It also has important storyline info that will be in the book

p.s.s. yes I will be in the book :) (because the ship needs an AI) and if you want to be in the book (1 spartan slot open, many many marine slots open) just post below :)

This sounds like a great idea, fox. My friend and I were thinking of doing something along those lines, but we haven't read any of the books at all, just played the games. In any case, I'd be a willing canidate for whatever position you need my character in. Definitely going to keep an eye on this thread - Hope things go well for you!

Thank you. sky dragon, you can probably be a name of a pelican (unless you know anybody who has dragon as a name(I know somebody who's name is skye)) but Neoproks you can be from anpother planet so it doesn't matter. The ship's name that takes Joe and his team to their "destination" is the ship Into the fire with captain Adam Gruper (see what I did there :)) and the ships AI, me :). Though you can not be a spartan Neoproks, you can still be an ODST. I am currently working on the second chapter, The Augmentation, and need the name of a doctor. All help the members here can give me is welcome (and based on what I learned in the last 2 years, that's a LOT of help). I would strongler recommend the reading of the Blue team trilogy: halo:fall of reach, Halo: first strike, Halo, Ghost of onyx. Also, if your a fan of Avery Johnson, and the event that started it all, read Halo: contact Harvest. If your just a plain ol' Halo fan, then read Halo: the Cole protocol. Last but not least, for heart wrenching tales of Spartans, marines, the flood, and ODST veterans, then read the short stories in the big book Halo: Evolutions.

I can be marine? how fun would that be... being a marine killing aliens xD
you can change my name if you want...xD

If you want to be a marine, I need a name. sergeant road kill can be a nick name but I would also need a real name.

I know it is a day early but I decided to throw some plot out there.

during training, Joe was banned from using the sniper rifle due to two critical injuries he commited with only using stun rounds. he was unconscious during his "abnormal" augmentation and was put into cryo sleep emediatly after. His pod was jettisoned though after the ship, old man's luck, was destroyed by insurrection terrorists. He floated towards earth at a very slow rate and was picked up by a salvage team on their return to earth on October 5th, 2552 (took some of that from Aliens :)) thats about enough plot spoilers till tommorow :) I will post the finished product as a separate thread, a post a chapter. I am also looking for 2 or 3 "drafters" to read my first few initial drafts to get an opinion of it. Preferably 1 person who has read the books and one who has played just the games.

This is starting to sound interesting... I can be a drafter for you because I have only played the games (as previously mentioned).

I wouldn't mind being a SPARTAN Cameo or just a mention.
Here's a little background. (He has no name btw)

//INCOMING TRANSMISSION//
//:EYES ONLY://
You asked for a brief history. This is the best I can do, most of the other information is classified above top secret. Damn ONI spooks want to hide our heroes behind a veil of blood.
SPARTAN-D489
Recruited at the age of four, into SPARTAN III group Delta, 489 was classified as a Codename ██████████ Spartan, after undergoing grueling tests. His excellent leadership skills and incredible drive to keep fighting lead his ██████████ Group to become a special case, it was increased to four members. After ███ successful campaigns against the Covenant, Fireteam ███████ is becoming something of a legend among the Navy and Army Special Ops teams they've been known to work with.
As of 2556, the entire team is listed MIA, behind enemy lines. I don't have the authority to change that, nor the will. I know where they are. I know we need them there.
//:End Transmission://

Just would like people to know, this is not based on the game Halo: Reach and will follow the books original story. this means no fancy mark v(b) armor and only a few spartan IIIs (since this is based on the story of a SPARTAN II) also, for the ones I have chosen to be Spartans (norox, 211, and shadow) you will be a part of the spartan II group that is currently the last known spartan IIIs alive. you will be young, and you will have a lot to prove to the Spartan IIs like Joe. The names of the other spartan IIs are Ramier (Joe's second in command) colon, Jacob, Brittney, and Jan. I will be posting a bonus first chapter this weekend for you guys to sample. It's short and sweet.

sweet thanks and my name is Anthony, or you could put anything that you want, anything is fine with me :)

sweet. hey, can i be a spartan that possibly heroically sacrifices himself to save the team? my names jeff by the way.

well, That was gunna be jan but fine. as long as you don't mind being a spartan II instead of III

those three and slot 4 open. basically, if you get the joke, it means 1 spartan III slot is still open. any takers?

(taken from my book Halo: Red Team(not yet published))
Joe-228

Joe was one of your run of the mill 5 year olds. He lived on Harmony his entire shirt life and went to a private school. Unlike the others, he wasn't kidnapped. His parents were killed on a vacation to the sol system and he was thrown in a orphanage with his best friend Ramier. 2 weeks after the incident, dr.Halsey came and...adopted the children if you could call it that. During his time training on reach, Joe not only fond his talent as a sniper, but also became a fearless, sometimes ignorant leader. He was assigned to Red team squad 1 (out of 7) with Ramier, colon, Jacob, and Brittney. Joe was then banned from use of snipers on 2522 due to a accident involving the paralysis of 2 trainers. During augmentation, Joe was not only made stronger, but parts of his mind were made more complex, in theory, Joe could actually shrink or grow the size of his muscles and bones. Due to this, he was listed as one of the 12 spartans unfit for duty, but was then frozen in cryosleep for further analysis. his team, knowing of this, were listed as killed during augmentation, and were used as specially assigned black ops. Red team leadership was then replaced by linda, fromer assigned sniper to blue team. Unfortunately for Jeo, the ship carrying his pod, the God's grace was attacked by piurates and his pod was jettisoned into the void of space. In October 2nd, 2552, his pod was found. It took only a day for Joe to adjust to his body and be fitted with highly upgraded mark V/Mark VI hybrid MJOLNIR armor. After regrouping with his team, He was sent on a mission on the ship Into the fire towards a selected set of coordinates by Cortana as a possible covenant home world or super station. The coordinates were really a location of a Halo ring, and an ONI rep was told to debrief the spartans of their new mission. For the rest your gonna have to wait for me to release the book.

specialty: sniping
preferred armor: mark V (upgraded)
preferred sidearm:M6D (for its high power and accuracy)
preferred vehicle: any
other: skilled pilot

Since its my birthday I decided to throw this up on the site. believe it or not I'm only 14 :) started here as wee little boy and a year later made this account (then I started the many failed attempts at armor, all failing due to low mural and money) so I hope you guys like this post. BTW I am saving up to hopefully buy a cast of a assault rifle from the guys at legendary armor if the make a mold :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back