My Custom Noble 6 WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamills

O.k. this have been long over due, so I guess I will start with this, The helmet is mostly finished, at the time that I painted it, I decided that I did not like using bondo, had only used it once before and wasted a whole 20$ bucket from walmart, so I was going to simply slap on roughly three coats of the autobody resin instead, since it was easier to "paint" on, then I could sand that down a bit, once I'm ready to finish the other pieces I may go back and attempt bondo again on smaller pieces such as sholders or biceps.

But as it stands the helmet is finished being painted, I still need to add a LED or two to the cheeks and a couple of fans inside behind the "vents" but that's simply touch up.

I had several questions regarding an undersuit or such, but from taking a nice look at the sporting goods section at my walmart, Ive decided to go the route of buying some nice elbow pads ($16.82) per =/, a cheap set of knee pads, a compression Tshirt and a decent set of compression shorts. I'm trying to make this as cool (temp wise) as possible, and I thought that having compression pants/longsleeve shirt, or even compression body suit, would be hotter than what I've decided to go with. Unfortunately my phone didn't save the picture of the nice elbow pads, will get another shot of them tomorrow, they look real nice, and cover a fair amount of my arm.

So with out further delay here are a few quick shots of the 90% finished helm.

shot 1

shot 2

shot 3

Looks pretty freakin good so far man. I would however paint it a little bit more. PM me if you have any questions.

I'm liking the battle damage/wear-and-tear on the edges of the helmet...but I do have a question: Was this helmet originally painted yellow?

I'm not sure if it's the primer you used or just the camera messing with things, but it looks like yellow paint peeking through underneath the blue.

The yellow in the first shot looks like resin to me, but I could be wrong and probably am. The helmet looks really nice though, makes me want to eat it and absorb its coolness.

Thanks all, yes its yellow under, I first primed it, then painted silver, then yellow, then blue or black on certain parts, then took a rough grit piece of sand paper and scuffed it up a bit, I will take another close up shot of the back later tonight when I get off work.

Helmit looks good man. Keep up the good work. i hope to making a rouge helmit pretty soon. Im new to pepakura so we shall see how it all works lol Keep up the good work :)

Helmit looks good man. Keep up the good work. i hope to making a rouge helmit pretty soon. Im new to pepakura so we shall see how it all works lol Keep up the good work :)

Thanks and good luck to you. This was my third attempt at a helmet, third type of helmet. Third times the charm I suppose :)

First helm was the MC but I didn't resize it properly, so its kid sized, second was the EOD, and by the time I got done making it I realized it was halo 2's EOD, which I didn't like, and this was the third and best looking IMO.

Just a quick update the progress on this helmet so far was done prior to Christmas, just finished pepping the last piece of my suit late lastnight. Time permitting, I will resin several pieces later today.

Also more pics to come.

Looks pretty freakin good so far man. I would however paint it a little bit more. PM me if you have any questions.

I will probably paint the nose part below the visor black like it should be, other than that I need to find files of the unsc logos, so I can stencil paint them on.

Been raining all day here, no chance to coat stuff with resin =(
but here are a few shots of the completed pepped stuff, the boot pieces turned out quite smaller than I anticipated, I believe the original file had the width set to around 8 inches, so I scaled it back to fit my boots, oh well. That's the last thing I want to happen, tripping over my own feet, while wearing a full set of gear.

So here are a few more shots of the stuff thats sitting inside.

Elbow pads

Boots

Cod/Belt

Sprint device/loadout

OK, since I've partly finished the helmet around 6 months ago, been busy cutting, glassing, and pepping.... Fingers are a bit dead, I'm sure they will heal, so here are a few pics of stuff that's got resin and or glassed. They are not perfect, some pieces got warped, but I'm past the part of caring at the moment, perhaps I will change my mind...

Belt/Cod- Pepped
Biceps- Fiberglassed
Sholders- Fiberglassed
Chest- Resined
Thighs- Fiberglassed
Shins- Fiberglassed
Boots- Resined
Gloves- Resined
Loadout device- Resined
Helmet- Painted 90%(ish) finished
IMG_20110610_170841.jpg

IMG_20110610_170701.jpg

IMG_20110610_170651.jpg

IMG_20110610_165706.jpg

IMG_20110610_165655.jpg

IMG_20110610_165549.jpg

IMG_20110610_165533.jpg

I like that Helmet picture, if the light hits just right you can kinda see me, how MYSTERIOUS...

Update FROM:

Belt/Cod- Pepped
Biceps- Fiberglassed
Sholders- Fiberglassed
Chest- Resined
Thighs- Fiberglassed
Shins- Fiberglassed
Boots- Resined
Gloves- Resined
Loadout device- Resined

to THIS:
Belt/Cod- Pepped
Biceps- Fiberglassed + semi Rondo
Sholders- Fiberglassed + Half Rondo
Chest- Resined
Thighs- Fiberglassed + Half Rondo
Shins- Fiberglassed
Boots- Resined
Gloves- Fiberglassed + Half Rondo
Loadout device- Resined

All RONDO, was done on the inside of the armor, while I get used to the consistency, how it acts/drys and such... By the way is it supposed to be kinda "sticky" once its cured? My gloves sorta stuck to it today, nothing bad, but it kinda left "fingerprints" on the rondo, nothing deep, but I'm wondering if to get rid of the stickyness all I do is sand it a bit... Will get pics up "Soon" need to take a small break, let things cure, check boys etc.

By the way did I mention this is my First "overall" build?

Did a bit more rondo work, wasted a bit.... /facepalm oh well. Here's a shot of the pieces, need to sand em, but I may wait till all the pieces need it. Moderation seems to be key, and some rubber dish gloves and some Orange cleaner work wonders when working with sticky stuff.

IMG_20110614_203304.jpg

IMG_20110614_203232.jpg

Everything looks great....I don't blame u about the rondo I'm nervous to use it as well on my build. As it is my first one as well but I guess I have to learn some how lol. Keep up he great wirk

Ok I'm asking for a bit of constructive criticism, I am thinking of cutting out the three spots highlighted on the following picture, and replacing it with some black painted storm screen, to help with ventilation on the bracers, and I was just wondering what others think, or if they did something similar, I know from a past costume, my wrists were on fire under the bracers, and I am going to try and stay as cool as possible underneath all of this gear.

IMG_20110627_155651.jpg

Ok started the sanding portion yesterday, started with a 60 grit, to trim the fat...

Also cut out a couple of spots on one of the bracers for ventilation, enjoy.
IMG_20110629_212842.jpg

IMG_20110629_212822.jpg

IMG_20110629_212815.jpg

nice idea with for the vent. As long as you dont pad over it it'll atleast keep that area cool lol. or if you think there's enough room put in small computer fans? gotta find every opportunity to fight off heat stroke.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything (It looks friggin awesome) doesn't the helmet seem kind of wide for it's dimensions? maybe it's just me and my lack of perception. Keep it up, still looks awesome either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back