My Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

mor377

ok, im new to this forum,
010742.jpg
and pepakura... so the first model i made was a halo 2 odst... it turned out good, but when i used a special paper machey, it warped it...

my next try was a recon helmet, it worked out nicely, and i painted it... visit my youtube channel to see pics (619deathstar)

and i just finished the pepakura verson of my energy sword, i hope you like it =D

010742.jpg

010803.jpg

2235132.jpg

thats what i got soo far, and also is there anny suggestions on how i should go about hardening this?
I have conissered using plaster strips, then maby fiberglass?

010742.jpg

can you give me the link or pepakura file for that i have been looking for one for about 2 months can i atleast have the handle file?

well i got the file from turbosquid.com click here to view

but unfortunatly you have to unfold it yourself, but it wasnt too hard, took me like 2 mins, it comes with the handle and the blade... the blade comes colored in the cool sword color :cool:

hope this helped

baddog9000 said:
2235132.jpg

Ahhhh evil Blub face. Nice sword now it needs some resin and sanding and it be good to go.

umm, sry, but what type of resign would be good? o_O

i live in ontario canada and some of the resigns i wont be able to get... if anyone knows where i can get some in canada plz let me know :D

Last edited by a moderator:
619deathstar said:
umm, sry, but what type of resign would be good? o_O

i live in ontario canada and some of the resigns i wont be able to get... if anyone knows where i can get some in canada plz let me know :D
Resin is called bondo fiberglass resin.
Or elmers fiberglass resin.

oh, ok well, the strusture of the sword wont hold up to the water, (is it watery, or is it fiberglass strips?) so im using a temp harder called Mod Podge, putting on like 4 coats then putting on fiberglass will prob work....

but i have thought to replace the handle with something "better", tell me what you think,

handle_pic.png

thanks
619deathstar

ChaoBreeder said:
I have the same file above. It's your choice which to choose. The above is better with details.

well, have you tried making it? cuz it looks kinda hard cuz some of the peices i tried cutting out didnt fit,

handleimperfection.jpg

cuz, heres the current handle, and i think if i make the new one then there will be some work to get it hardened and fit properly

sword-handle.jpg

any insight would help :s

619deathstar

619deathstar said:
oh, ok well, the strusture of the sword wont hold up to the water, (is it watery, or is it fiberglass strips?) so im using a temp harder called Mod Podge, putting on like 4 coats then putting on fiberglass will prob work....

but i have thought to replace the handle with something "better", tell me what you think,

handle_pic.png

thanks
619deathstar
theres a topic in the noob forum called an alternative to fiberglass of somethin like that and it says truck bed spray works realy good. it makes it hard but has a bumpy surface wen it dries. you could sand it im sure but i think the bumpy surface will be good for the handle so it has more grip if you wanna accually use it lol.

awsome, i may be new here but i can tell that ur REALY good at this (better than me any ways rofl ) ok now with the current handle the ends are too far apart if you change 2 the new handle it might fix that. thats just my opinon i mean i barely noticed that it was like that so you know good work.

m16 said:
awsome, i may be new here but i can tell that ur REALY good at this (better than me any ways rofl ) ok now with the current handle the ends are too far apart if you change 2 the new handle it might fix that. thats just my opinon i mean i barely noticed that it was like that so you know good work.

umm, im sorry, but what would you mean about the ends are too far appart... you mean the very tip of the sword that you would slice with? or the ends where you hold it...

cuz not that i started hardening it the tips, they hit my hand and they are like tooth picks (they dont look sharp in the pic, because that pic was taken before hardening)

SHARP-EDGES.jpg

and im wondering if i substitute the new handle in then it would make it nit jab into my wrists,

seing as the high detailed one is 18.2 cm, while the handle that is already on it is 21cm, i dont think installing the new one would help mutch... the fill bade length is about 80-86 cm...

UNLESS i totaly remake the sword with different dimentions... like maby scvaling it up another 20 or 30 %

619deathstar

P.S. did anyone download the file of the sword i posted above, and try it out?

ChuKoNu said:
Looks cool man! It may be hard to fiberglass the sword due to it's odd shape however.

yah, i was thinking of that exactly, but i was wondering if i should plaster strips? cuz i saw that some people use plaster strips to coat their helmet and do detailing.

I wouldnt think it would be too hard if i went with the plaster strips, except for the part where the handle meets the sides of the blade, other than that i think it would be a plausible idea.

after the plaster i would sand it adn use... bondo was it right... to do some more detail.

and also, it looks like i will be doing the sword again, cuz my friend came over, and he was playing around with it and he fell over a little incline in my living room, and toatled the sword.

so, it looks lke i will be making the new handle, and prob making the sword longer... (does anyone have any ideas on how long the sword is suposed to be? i had some other people tell me tat its over like 1 meter, or like 3 feet, )

so if anyone can get me measurments that would be swell =D

thanks, 619deathstar

ok, well, i found the dimentions for the sword, (131 cm) and ive started on the blade and after that the handle,

the blade peices do look a little big, witch makes me kinda suspicious, but i mean it was meant for an elite, so we will see.

i will be posting pics soon :D

619deathstar

619deathstar said:

handle_pic.png

thanks
619deathstar
The resin is very syrupy and it want make the paper soggy if your sword made of card stock your ok.

baddog9000 said:
The resin is very syrupy and it want make the paper soggy if your sword made of card stock your ok.

oh yes, deffinatly i have it in cardstock, the sword length is to long to be made out of normal printer paper, but that depends on the type of resign, cuz im going to use plaster strips top start of, then resign and fiberglass, and finally paint :D

more pics of updated versions commin soon

looks good, i dont think you should fiberglass that, i recommend a plastic spray or something, since you printed it in color. plasti-dip works fine, or some other spray. seals it in plastic, and it works well. not much for reinforcement, though.

rvb4life said:
looks good, i dont think you should fiberglass that, i recommend a plastic spray or something, since you printed it in color. plasti-dip works fine, or some other spray. seals it in plastic, and it works well. not much for reinforcement, though.

well, the color didnt really matter to me, just printed it out for show, im planning to paint it new better colors after it is fully hardnended, but i do like plastic spray... :D'

might look into it, but im slugishly, making a new sword, i edited the origonal model for the end spikes to be farther appary, and the actual lengh of the blade to be longer, (when finished, it will be exactly 31cm bigger) the handle part will be the same size, but im just changing the size of some things :D

but deffinatly will look into plastic spray, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back