My Eod Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this was an eventful weekend...
last night i was in a small car accident, luckily everybody involved came out unscathed, just a little shaken... my poor car :(
0308091311.jpg

0308091526.jpg

i was hit by an SUV, it bent my back right wheel a little...

anyway i came home today and cracked down on it, and got some work done on my armor...

0308091703.jpg
added bondo to the shoulder, although i think it's actually too small... i'm going to finish sanding/smoothing/etc to find out for sure, we'll see

and i finished my handplate
0308091758.jpg

i also finished my shin over the weekend, i'll post pictures when i get them uploaded.

thanks for all the support guys. :D

Badass dude, armor is coming out great.

Still have yet to catch you on XBL and play you some Halo 3, your never on when I sign in:lol: .

M07Marauder said:
Badass dude, armor is coming out great.

Still have yet to catch you on XBL and play you some Halo 3, your never on when I sign in:lol: .
aw, man i don't have high speed where i live, so i'm usually only on xbl on weekends. but send me a friend request and i'll try and get on and we can play sometime.

i have to warn you-- i'm terrible

Last edited by a moderator:
Your on my friends list:lol: , Don't worry I'm not what you would call amazing ever since I basically gave Halo up for COD:WAW.

You showed me your EOD before it was complete on XBL.

I'm on in the mornings and on Wed./Tues. I'll catch ya some time.

damn bud, sorry to hear about your car! good to hear everyone's okay.

armor's looking great! as for the shoulder piece, it does look a little small. just going to have to wait and see...

keep it man!

that bacon explosion was amazing! how did you feel after that? and sucks about the car, the helmet looks good, but you could have done more sanding on the lumpy bits, but i hate to criticise when the rest looks so good

Handplate looks fine, but I'd go back and really work some more on the helmet.

I know all about battle damage:

My first Mark VI (before HD model's existed :p) It's a candy paint so it showed up yellow here... really multiplayer lime green in person..
CIMG1891Small.jpg

and the reality is, smooth and sand the crap out of it until it's a perfect helmet... then battle damage it up. Otherwise the little things you say "Eh... it adds to the effect" really add up to "Look at that rush job." Take my advice, slow down and go back to the helmet until it's perfect. I've been there, done that and got the T-shirt.. you'll thank me later.

Now as far as going for an EOD well.. kudos. I always keep my eyes on anything that isn't the same old - same old green MC. Goodluck!

Cheers,
Kensai

Thanks for all of the kind words and/or constructive criticism.
i finally got around to taking pictures of my shin, although the picture is now slightly out-dated...
0309090026a.jpg

0309090026.jpg

i've started resining the inside. i have to find my respirator, i did what little resining i did on it outside, and it sucked, so no more resining without it....

aaaaand, i began my torso at my friend chris's house the other night, the following progress was from about 9pm to 3am...ish...by myself, with distractions.. lol

0310091115.jpg

0310091330.jpg

0310091652.jpg

well, that's all i have for now, hopefully i'll get some more work done on my torso in the next day or so and i'll have something to post. i'm going to be spending the next week with ellen for spring break.

OMG! I have got to make that bacon explosion payday :eek: . I can't believe I missed that going through the thread last time.

Nice, love the progress on the torso. Quite a bit ahead of me, finishing my helm.

I guess I need to speed up my efforts :p .

no major progress to report as of this moment, the torso is coming along nicely (pics coming within the next couple of days) and i began working on my left thigh as something to do inbetween working on my torso and not working on my torso.

also-- New tattoo!

tattoo2.jpg

i know it's been a while since my last update. My laptop is broken, and my desktop hates me. so i've ordered a new computer. Hehe. But i've been doing some work. (not quite as much as jessmo... but i'm getting there haha) anyway...

armor3.jpg

armor2.jpg

armor1.jpg

not a whoooole lot of progress since last update, but a little. most of the work has been done on the back (which i forgot to take pictures of.) I'll try and get some up within the next couple of days. but does it looks scaled properly so far?

also i have to re-make my shoulder braces because my grandparents moved them and they layed them some odd way, and they warped and are stuck... i'm not too sure how that happened. but yeah.

oooo sorry to here about the car, wait... is that a neon sxt? my dad has a neon srt-4 and im getting it as a hand-me-down. i cant WAIT! :lol: yes hand-me-down but its bad @$$!!!1!!!one1
anyways!... great work on the armor, its looking really good and i cant wait to see more! keep it up! (and good luck with the car)

WRising said:
oooo sorry to here about the car, wait... is that a neon sxt? my dad has a neon srt-4 and im getting it as a hand-me-down. i cant WAIT! :lol: yes hand-me-down but its bad @$$!!!1!!!one1
anyways!... great work on the armor, its looking really good and i cant wait to see more! keep it up! (and good luck with the car)
yeah, it's an SXT, they fixed it (one place wanted to total it. it wasn't that bad lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great baconmaster! :) Glad to see you had some time to work on it. If I'm looking at the chest right, I would say that it'll come out just right. It might be a little tight, but that's why people always split it down the seams to velcro or hinge it back together. Slow and steady progress wins the race man! Looking forward to more awesomeness! :D

oh man! i'm still here! i thought for sure when i tried to log in it would tell me i no longer existed. anyway. havent made any real progress, working on my torso right now. been busy with the new job on weekends, and dealing with procrastination and stuff. but i'm working on it RIGHT NOW! so hopefully i'll be able to post pictures in the next couple days. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back