My Experience With Resin

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth147

Hi everyone! I have read alot of things about using the fiberglass resin on these forums and finally i was ready to dive in and try it out for myself. Now the thing that i had always heard was "that you dont get to much time to work with it if you put the full amount of hardner in it". I was all like cool ill just add a little less so i can work with it a little longer. Well when i started to mix my fist batch up i only added 9 dropps of hardner to 1 oz of resin. (The package says to add 12 to every 1 oz) I started to paint it on my armor piece and in like 1 minute it was already hardened and it had started to warp the plastic cup i had it in. I was all like WTF i added the bare minimum of hardener to it, so i read the package again and saw that it hardens way faster when it is hot out. Now i am in Southern California and it was about 93 degrees F out. A word to the wise dont try to use the resin in extremly hot temps trust me. :)

Yep, I learned that lesson myself.

I live in Vegas where it typically is 100+ during the summer, so I work quickstyle, when doing my resining and bondoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back