My Fernando Esparza pilot build

salazarcosplay

Hello 405 my name is Angel . I recently cosplayed Fernando Esparza the Pilot at Houston AnimeVerse convention Houston, because Steve Downes visited this anime convention.

20240210_152024.jpg

I never really thought about cosplaying the pilot, because the cosplay itself is a bit more involved than what I ussually cosplay.

However, I felt inspired to do so after I had seen Lobbster post about his experience in cosplaying the character of the pilot. I realized I too wanted to cosplay the character. Shout out to him.

In the reources of the Forum, I found one of the threads that directed me to 3d models inside the game files. Looking and looking I found the 3d model of the pilot.

I imported the file on blender and then into mesh mixer to isolate the chest piece.
InCollage_20240103_160854091.jpg

I was not entirely sure what shade of green to paint it the chest piece. I think I may have gone a shade too light
InCollage_20240226_194437799.jpg

From Amazon I ordered a vest, molle pouches and a blue flight suit.

I comissioned the life support vest replica from a seamstress I had met in prior conventions Kieshareme. I was not entirely sure on what shade of green to go for the vest. I think I may have gone a shade too light, here as well. I will soon reprint it with a more metallic green.

IMG_20240107_190648_453.jpg

I 3d printed the Halo assault rifle from the resources here. Since that is the weapon that the pilot hands over to master chief.

I painted the Assault Riffle based on the Reach design and the Longshot.
InCollage_20240207_205720004.jpg

I grew out my hair and my beard for 6 months like in the in-game lore the time the pilot was stranded in space. I could not find a patch like the in game one so I opted to choose a UNSC Navy patch.

Met an awesome Halo cosplayer at the convention too.
20240210_155330.jpg

Well done!

Some of the scenes in-game w 117 and Esparza are my favorite.

Keep it up, and hopefully we cross paths at some point.

Welcome to the 405th

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back