My Final Helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecomposer

Hey FOlks,

Here it is! After MONTHS and MONTHS of Bondo work and all the other headaches, here's my Final Helmet cast and duplicated! Has Full inner padding with cheek padding and Lights.

Sorry it's dark but I just finished the DUAL Visor tonight.

I have Hand Pieces, Both Feet done also, and Chest/back casting in a couple days.
Added lots of detail and a paint job that looks like real paint weathering even close up.

cheers,
A

Great job!

How long exactly do you think it took you from start to finish if I may..?

Congratulations though! It looks GREAT!

- Darke

Hey thanks!

I took a couple months off, then got sick for a month. but it was a LONG time and MANY MANY MANY layers of bondo, sanding, layer, sanding, etc.etc.

Sanding and cutting unwanted parts from the final helmet took about 3 hours alone with my limited tools.

The Chest and Back alone took well over 100 total hours for sure.

I have to make the leg parts from scratch, I'm sculpting them with air dry clay, will take a while until they're done.
Only 4 months until Halloween, no time to waste!

I had a DREAM, YEARS AGO, way before Halo was announced when 3DFX just came out....extremely vivid dream, I was on a space ship, going down a hall, turned and looked into a mirrored door...and I saw myself as was I learned years later was the Master Chief.
I'm not kidding, The Visor was Gold and complicated like the MC's and the armor was so similar it's always amazed me. The suit was Gold coloured instead of greenish.

SO I always felt I had to make it.

Here's a couple of the Hand and one of the Finsihed Feet with padding ready to go, didn't take pics of my arm pieces or chest yet. I'm going for a weathered battle damage look.

cheers
A

Pretty darn amazing my friend. The paintjob is quite perfect, and the boots are crazy awesome! The helmet is looking quite fine as well. I bet the padding on the inside feels real nice. When I made my lame suit for Halloween, I didn't have any padding so it kept falling forward on my head.

Can't wait to see more!

Hey thanks guys!!

"Looks good!
The decals on the sides are a nice touch. How did you do those?"

Just a printer and clear sticky paper. YOU could also get Stenciling and Spray it on. I also have the same number on one of the Bicep Pieces but much larger.

"can you post a piture of you wearing your armour?"
I will soon but I have to finish Molding the Chest then casting a piece which I should finish in a week or 2...unless I feel like poopers again.

Yes the Padding is awesome! Makes it totally feel like a real helmet. It flops around from side to side without the cheek pads also, was hoping I could get away without it but I't's necessary....and doubled it or holding the 9Volt batteries on each side snugly too!

Thanks again, I'll post more pics when I make some!
A

thecomposer said:
Hey thanks!

I took a couple months off, then got sick for a month. but it was a LONG time and MANY MANY MANY layers of bondo, sanding, layer, sanding, etc.etc.

Sanding and cutting unwanted parts from the final helmet took about 3 hours alone with my limited tools.

The Chest and Back alone took well over 100 total hours for sure.

I have to make the leg parts from scratch, I'm sculpting them with air dry clay, will take a while until they're done.
Only 4 months until Halloween, no time to waste!

I had a DREAM, YEARS AGO, way before Halo was announced when 3DFX just came out....extremely vivid dream, I was on a space ship, going down a hall, turned and looked into a mirrored door...and I saw myself as was I learned years later was the Master Chief.
I'm not kidding, The Visor was Gold and complicated like the MC's and the armor was so similar it's always amazed me. The suit was Gold coloured instead of greenish.

SO I always felt I had to make it.

Here's a couple of the Hand and one of the Finsihed Feet with padding ready to go, didn't take pics of my arm pieces or chest yet. I'm going for a weathered battle damage look.

cheers
A

OK this is waaaaay too freaky... I had a similiar dream about 8-9 years ago.

I was on some sort of space station walking down a corridor. I stopped to look out the windows to look at the docked silver ship that i was going to, I could see my reflection in the window. I was definatly older looking from what i could see through my visor, maybe in my 40's, the suit I was wearing was white, but not bulky like a normal space suit. I was carring a case in my left hand, but I didn't look down, so i don't know what it was. I remember my breathing was uneasy and feeling like i was about to do something risky. That was it, that was the whole the dream.

Strange and vivid dream, i remember exactly what the ship looked like.

It was heel shaped craft with no panel lines on it, almost like it was molded. It had windows in a unconventional pattern in the front. Also had twin pylons that were blended into the body...the silver had that sand blasted stainless steel look to it.

just thought i'd post that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice! but i think you shoulda put 117 instead of 01....unless you don't wanna be MC. If you're just a regular spartan then I have no complaints. :) good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back