My final Noble 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stony props jim

It’s time for me to give this costume the time and effort that it deserves. My current version on just the helmet has been a good one and id like give a HUGE thanks to all the people that have a copy. It’s 5 years since I built that Noble 6 helmet and with time I’ve gotten a little better at building and it’s time for a second shot at my favorite character. Thanks for looking this ones going to a fun and crazy ride.

This 1st pic is the OLD original that I made - I’ll call the OLD one - Noble 6.0.

Attachments

• 52C91C6A-8378-4F34-8465-B560BA653CB5.jpeg
    52C91C6A-8378-4F34-8465-B560BA653CB5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Now onto Noble 6.1 Never look back...….

I started off with the same model that I used 5 years ago - Noble 6 by Jacob Morin. JTM. Thanks Jacob this is still one of the best models out there.
It’s been scaled and 3D printed and out and put together like a puzzle. I cut it into about 30 pieces and printed the shell out on a cr10s.
I’m big on changing the details up and adding to the model before and after the print.
The first step I take once it’s printed is I start cutting out the details that I want to resculpt.

Last edited:
I’ve got a big chunk of the clean up around the left ear section well underway. It’s time for the first shot of primer in that area so that I can find my bad spots and go back and correct them. It's easy to see what has been cleaned up and what still has a long ways to go.

Last edited:
I’ve got a big chunk of the clean up around the left ear section well underway. It’s time for the first shot of primer in that area so that I can find my bad spots and go back and correct them. It's easy to see what has been cleaned up and what still has a long ways to go.

View attachment 267336View attachment 267336
Looks great! You got that thing super clean and smooth!!

Literally my favorite helmet in the entire halo series, and in my opinion one of the most accurate and professional copies you can buy. Props to you Jim for the attention to detail and craftsmanship that you give to these helmets. I had two questions for you - have you ever considered adding the visor attatchment to this version of the helmet? I’ve never seen someone able to pull it off and I wish this was the helmet to do it! Also my second question, I hope these will show up in your Etsy shop for purchase! Dibs

Attachments

• BFE73AC0-6429-489D-BC60-83473CE3AB3A.jpeg
    BFE73AC0-6429-489D-BC60-83473CE3AB3A.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 250
Literally my favorite helmet in the entire halo series, and in my opinion one of the most accurate and professional copies you can buy. Props to you Jim for the attention to detail and craftsmanship that you give to these helmets. I had two questions for you - have you ever considered adding the visor attatchment to this version of the helmet? I’ve never seen someone able to pull it off and I wish this was the helmet to do it! Also my second question, I hope these will show up in your Etsy shop for purchase! Dibs

I’m having Jacob Morin design the top visor attachment - so yes, I am planning on having that go with it as well as a separate removable piece. Yep, this will eventually end up in the Etsy shop. I always approach these builds with an open checkbook and the Etsy shop offsets that cost for me.

I had a few BIG setbacks on the helmet and go very close to starting over. I made the mistake adding a coat of duplicolor high build primer and it reacted to the helmet and did the whole cracking and pulling mess. It’s been a week of resanding of areas that were once just about finished.

I purchased the do3d model for the biceps.
They looked pretty accurate and I figured they would be a good jumping off point. I’m starting with the right side while I’m simultaneously fixing the mess I created on the helmet.

The model is clean and I was able to print it in 5 sections but make no mistake, these do not come out of my printer this clean. You’re seeing images that I have 10 plus hours of cleanup already invested and countless hours to go.

B5C52135-1293-47D5-8CE7-44D48C8F36C7.jpegB0040CE6-E8CB-4819-833E-44CCA3E8A8FD.jpeg0F81ADCD-FB29-4363-9DA5-27895B49C64D.jpeg5147FE1D-4E98-409F-9816-84A5B2E3A946.jpeg

The 1st primer coats help me find the spots that need more attention. It will get cleaned up better before the final primer coats.

Last edited:
Looks incredible! I’ll be first in line for these incredible pieces! And thank you for pushing through the difficult setbacks, you’re more of an inspiration then you know! - also, do you plan on molding the entire Do3d reach armor?

Last edited:
Hahaha he's going to give it "the finger", that's great! Also looks great!

I’ve been mentally thinking about an under suit for a very long time but this is the first chance I’ve had to put that planning to the test. This one is the test run. I like to make things like this twice. The 2nd time around always comes out better. Long story short. Pattern, repattern pattern over again until the pieces fit. Cut, re cut. Then glue. Then you have a neck seal. :)

DBA7EFAC-C377-4D2F-A030-A193852D8576.jpegDE0B5E6C-2A1D-4860-B6F0-6388B264EC49.jpeg07148AB2-6126-42C4-A117-B97200DADE7B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back