My First Armor Build: War Machine 80% and Almost Complete....PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see some more pictures :)

I will get pictures up soon. I just came back from Disneyland so it put me back a couple of days on my build of Iron Man so I'm currently Pepping and Fiberglassing, Bondo plus painting at the same time to catch up. Look's like I'll be finishing Iron Man in one Month.... :)

can u post some pics of the hinges on the joints

I'll get those up tommorrow as well.

looking great!!!

Thanks Buddy!

Wow ur can finish ironman I a month? I've been working on it for four months now. What's ur secret

Wow ur can finish ironman I a month? I've been working on it for four months now. What's ur secret

Looks Like it at the rate I'm going. It is very much possible!

No secret at all. The number one thing is to have all the tools for example a dremel + variety of bits, electric sander w/ various grades of paper and have all of your supplies like Bondo Fiberglass ECT.

My technique for building Armor is to Pep four pieces at a time and fully complete those four pieces 100% and then repeat the process all over again with four more pieces. So in general I am not only pepping pieces, I am actually doing the whole shabamm in one shot. Save's me a hell'a lot of time plus it gives me motivation to see completed pieces done and drives me to finish more.

oh, i see how long do you work per day. i only really get to work on it friday and saturday. the rest of the week is an hour or two here and there

4 Hours every day or however long it takes to fully complete a body part from start to finish.

************ Here's a small Update on the Iron Man MK VI ***********
Back and arms are drying from the glassing.

IMG00085-20100720-1713.jpg

IMG00089-20100720-1804.jpg

ironman1.jpg

More Pic's Coming Soon!
Holy S.... Dude this is awesome :D

My war machine torso is ready for resining. I just need to figure things out on how to make everything balanced. I.E. Hinges or etc? Is your MK VI on default scale?

Very nice. Wat kinda paint did u use and wat colors?

I used Automotive Enamel with several coats of Super Clear and the color I used was Colonial Red / Gold.

My war machine torso is ready for resining. I just need to figure things out on how to make everything balanced. I.E. Hinges or etc? Is your MK VI on default scale?

So are you planning to resining the back and front together as one whole piece then slicing it in half?

My MK VI is at default scale which looks to be at 2.0. Havent got to the legs yet but so far it looks to fit someone around 5'9 to 6'0.

Yeah I am going to resin the back and front together. I am hoping I don't have to slice it. Did you resin your back and front separately? If so, wow did you make things balanced?

Yeah I am going to resin the back and front together. I am hoping I don't have to slice it. Did you resin your back and front separately? If so, wow did you make things balanced?

I resined my back and front together so the missle pod's are straight through from front to back. I then sliced it in half completely and added 4 mini hinges, two on each side on the underside of the missle pod's to hide them out of view. Since the front and back were resined together, everything is semmetrical and well balanced.

Don't forget to add support strut's on the inside of your tourso to keep everything firm and to keep the shape you want and also to impare it from warping and sagging but most importantly from caving in due to the weight of the fiberglass. I simply used thick cardboard strips to make temporary support beams to hold it's shape while I resined and fiberglass.

Also as a big tip to remember always fiberglass a two piece body part as a whole so everything lines up. For example: The ab's are two pieces peped out, but fiberglass them as one piece connected and then once there hard and set, slice then in two so that when you add the elastic or velcro strap's, they will perfectly be allighned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back