My First Armor Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram76

Jr Member
Hey All

I have watched this site for a wile and now I have desided that I could make my own topic

I am working on a Mark VI HD armor and thinking of doing a ODST at the same time.

I got some pictures of the Mark VI helmet I have pepped

[attachment=14421:DSCF1337.JPG]

[attachment=14422:DSCF1338.JPG]

[attachment=14423:DSCF1339.JPG]

[attachment=14424:DSCF1340.JPG]

[attachment=14425:DSCF1341.JPG]

[attachment=14426:DSCF1342.JPG]

[attachment=14427:DSCF1343.JPG]

I have seen this cardboard detail thing in Poopers Topic

I hope it turns out as great as his

I like to here your comments

Thanks for watching

This was Bram form holland, OUT!

WOW, awesome....... hehe, very nice initial detailing and perfect pep work, does it fit right though, hehe.

thanks

yeah it fits me perfect I sized it at 28 cm high

I hope it will stay this look after I have resined and fiberglassed it...

any tips about that?

nioce!!! make sure to post progress pics in trested to see how this works out.

make sure to only resin the outside and only use fiberglass in the inside should help keep the details

* Update Time *

Just finished my first gauntlet (Right one)

Tell me what you guys think

[attachment=14428:DSCF1344.JPG]

[attachment=14429:DSCF1345.JPG]

[attachment=14430:DSCF1346.JPG]

[attachment=14431:DSCF1347.JPG]

and I got a Q for you all

How can I post more pictures ??

I am almost at the limit of MB but this is my only topic this far.

help plz :p

Looking very good. Most guys put their pics up on flickr, photobucket, or another pic hosting site then they just use the insert image line of code + the URL of their image from those websites. Your pep work looks extremley clean. (Especially as you seem to be doing the HD models. )Keep up the good work and good luck!

Cheers!

Is this your first pep? Cuz if it is you truly are a master, clean foldes and lined up very nicely! Much better than my first ... heh

Hope to see more of this. One question though with odst are you going for? Dutch? or the normal then add other parts to make mickey or buck?

@ tarchinoko

I am gonna make a custom one inspired on the concept art that you can found on bungie.com

thanks for the good words that helps me continue my work :p

Bram76 said:
@ tarchinoko

I am gonna make a custom one inspired on the concept art that you can found on bungie.com

thanks for the good words that helps me continue my work :p

Your welcome, Im thinking about doing an odst concept perm for my helm as well. Im gonna do buck with a few things from he concept myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice work. i especially like the cardboard detail. nice job on the forearm as well, i tried and it was too hard. i look forward to seeing more.

when you do resin and glass your pieces, make sure you really get the fiberglass cloth or mat worked into your piece, otherwise you could get airbubbles tht might hurt the look of your pieces.

are you going to put in any of the support struts? that would help to keep the piece from warping. also the paper visor would give the helmet more support, then just cut it out later.

just some helpful tips. check out the forums too, there are some good tutorials and what not. hope this helps

thanks for the tips and comments it really helps me out

I cant resin and bondo right now because of the cold weather

its 8 under 0 here right now :(

I am going to check some forums so that my helm will look awesome :p

@ tarchinoko

I was checking your ODST topic and saw your back tac vest

where did you buy it because it looks really nice as under armor

and your ODST armor looks good so far keep up the good work!

no problem man. i know what you mean about the cold being a real problem though. i'm just doing the pep work on my HD suit and when it gets warmer i'll resin and glass all in one shot. how does the forearm fit? did you have to do any sanding or minor adjustments to it?

@ moultonator

it fits fine but I have to sand the opening by the wrist a bit because I cant get my hand trough it :p

But i dont think this is a big problem.

you can do that or if you want a tight seal you can cut slits in the wrist area. on either side of wrist where your hand comes out, where those two pieces protrude out, you can cut slits so that they open up and allow your hand through. i did it for mine and it worked out okay, and it wasn't really noticeable. just an idea. hope it helps

dang that helmet looks nice. when you are finished with bond oand such, are you going to put leds and fans or something in it?

also i think that you should go for the doul visor look.

Bram76 said:
thanks for the tips and comments it really helps me out

I cant resin and bondo right now because of the cold weather

its 8 under 0 here right now :(

I am going to check some forums so that my helm will look awesome :p

@ tarchinoko

I was checking your ODST topic and saw your back tac vest

where did you buy it because it looks really nice as under armor

and your ODST armor looks good so far keep up the good work!

I just picked it up at the nearest air-soft store to me, I looked around and it seems to be quite a popular model (not sure what its called though) so you can probably find it at almost any air-soft store as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back