My first attempt at Mc helm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tape = bad

It shows after resin and glassing, then when painting, it makes the entire helmet show it was held with tape, use hot glue or elmers glue.

But over all shape, good job.

well, i waz thinkin about spreading a thinner layer of resin on to the tape and more on to the paper to match the height of it and stuff... or is it 2 hard or somethin?

AoBfrost said:
Tape = bad

It shows after resin and glassing, then when painting, it makes the entire helmet show it was held with tape, use hot glue or elmers glue.

But over all shape, good job.

ya hes right tape is realy bad. I sudgest getting elmers glue at your local whatever store that has glue store :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it, but resin will actually eat away at the tape, and dissolve it. overall it looks good though.

Zaso117 said:
I hate to say it, but resin will actually eat away at the tape, and dissolve it. overall it looks good though.

damn.... ill have to start a new one huh? or can i cover the tape with glue or do i need to take all of it off and stuff?

SPU7N1K said:
I think you should make a new one. It's not symmetrical anyways...

i will im done cutting them out and starting to crease them...

Now you have more experience, try FS"s helmet and torso, but do them right with the right glue.

Some tapes wont disolve in the resin, I used 1-2 pieces of scotch tape on my original helmet, and they didnt fall off, but they did become thinner and show after painting, I had to sand it down, and repaint the helmet to make it look smooth and tapeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back