My first cosplay (Halo reach Spartan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking really good there KadstaBlitz. Ton of work to be proud of there.
PlanetAlexander and I clearly shop the same stores. I'm also a fan of the SCA brand sprays. I tend to alternate between a coat of the Filler Primer, and the Spray Putty. Partly because that makes it alternating coats of thicker and thinner filling, but they are two different shades of gray which makes it nice when sanding to see how deep you're going. I notice Alexander is referencing Australian stores: Are you Australian Regiment as well?

Another filler/smoothing option is Monocure3d resin paste. And yeah, its not cheap but its good value. I find its nice to work with and less waste than a Bondo-like body filler. It doesn't dry while you're applying it. Its UV cure just like 3d printer resin, but with a consistency of hair paste. You can apply it, smooth it, use a plastic razor blade to apply it with a scraping motion that only fills the grooves and leaves a flat smooth surface and put the excess putty back in the jar for later, before shining a UV flashlight on it to set it. I find I'm not racing the clock and the drying speed of body filler paste.
Thanks so much for the info! I'll have a look at it. To answer your question, YES, I am Australian! so by PlanetAlexander listing some Australian store which are relatively close to me, it REALLY HELPS since is replaces the fact that I have to find an Australian counter part of 'bondo'. Currently right now I'm starting to print the chest piece out. Not in one piece like the master you are but multiple pieces since my print bed isn't big enough. (Printer is an Ender 3 Max)

Thanks so much for the info! I'll have a look at it. To answer your question, YES, I am Australian! so by PlanetAlexander listing some Australian store which are relatively close to me, it REALLY HELPS since is replaces the fact that I have to find an Australian counter part of 'bondo'. Currently right now I'm starting to print the chest piece out. Not in one piece like the master you are but multiple pieces since my print bed isn't big enough. (Printer is an Ender 3 Max)
> I have to find an Australian counter part of 'bondo'.
Are you a transplant here as well?
I've tried few different auto body fillers from the standard auto parts stores: No joy.
I gave up. I started using Monocured3d UV resin paste. Its basically printer resin that is thick like hair putty/paste.

Wait so like what do austrailians use when they get a ding in their car? Why does that stuff not work? I know It's a naïve question but I'm curious

Wait so like what do austrailians use when they get a ding in their car? Why does that stuff not work? I know It's a naïve question but I'm curious
> I have to find an Australian counter part of 'bondo'.
Are you a transplant here as well?
I've tried few different auto body fillers from the standard auto parts stores: No joy.
I gave up. I started using Monocured3d UV resin paste. Its basically printer resin that is thick like hair putty/paste.

I've been using Super Cheap Auto's "Lightweight Car Filler" on my prints. I've never used a similar material to compare it to, but it works pretty well, and has lasted a good while, shelf-life wise.

EOD was my favorite helmet in reach, and im so glad to see more people go for this helmet
Keeping the thread alive I see
Confused Bird GIF by CuriosityStream

Speaking of which, KadstaBlitz how's the helmet coming along?

Sorry i've taken so long to post something in my thread haha. I had recently broke my phone and had to get it repaired along with being quite busy with my education and other stuff. But I have done nothing to my helmet since the last time i have shown it, it is ready to be painted but just havent found the time... speaking of which how do you guys recommend painting armor???? such as what paints do you guys use and what methods would be helpful to exceed my expectations of the final build.

I've linked a picture of where I am at with my armor, I have finished printing the front chest plate and planning the print the back of it tommorrow or Monday (Australian time), I almost died printing the front half chest piece since it had a MASSIVE LAYER SHIFT!!! but it thankfully fixed its self so I'm so glad it did!!! now I have a massive line going down the side of my armor, i was thinking to turn it into an Eilte energy sword slash or a massive bullet hole but if someone has a cooler idea let me know! ... I have enough filament to finish off of the top half of the body so next time I post my armor is will be DEFINATELY when I finish printing the top half.

if you guys have any questions or any recommendations on my armor or how i can possibly make it better IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20230313_215657.jpg
    IMG_20230313_215657.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
Sorry i've taken so long to post something in my thread haha. I had recently broke my phone and had to get it repaired along with being quite busy with my education and other stuff. But I have done nothing to my helmet since the last time i have shown it, it is ready to be painted but just havent found the time... speaking of which how do you guys recommend painting armor???? such as what paints do you guys use and what methods would be helpful to exceed my expectations of the final build.

I've linked a picture of where I am at with my armor, I have finished printing the front chest plate and planning the print the back of it tommorrow or Monday (Australian time), I almost died printing the front half chest piece since it had a MASSIVE LAYER SHIFT!!! but it thankfully fixed its self so I'm so glad it did!!! now I have a massive line going down the side of my armor, i was thinking to turn it into an Eilte energy sword slash or a massive bullet hole but if someone has a cooler idea let me know! ... I have enough filament to finish off of the top half of the body so next time I post my armor is will be DEFINATELY when I finish printing the top half.

if you guys have any questions or any recommendations on my armor or how i can possibly make it better IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Those parts look great!

I usually just spray paint my parts then do details and weathering with acrylic.

I have recently done a bullet hole on a part so it isn't terribly hard just slowly step up in drill bit size so you don't crack your part and apply proper weathering around the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back