My First Cosplay, I Need Help

valeechok

Hello everyone,I plan on Halloween with my partner to go dressed as Halo characters, I will have the nooble 6 halo reach costume with the Olympia helmet ok but I can't find any for pepakura,e found links but they are no longer available Could someone provide me with the Vale helmet? I would appreciate them very much, if it is not so much hassle also how could I give texture to the costumes haha;)

Hi there! Welcome to the 405th! Glad you're excited to get going on home halo builds!

Could someone provide me with the Vale helmet?
I'm not sure of a pepakura or foam unfold of Vale's helmet, but I believe a .obj file can be found in the armoury HERE.

how could I give texture to the costumes haha
What sort of texture are you thinking of? And I guess another question that is relavent is what construction method are you going to be using? You asked for pepakura files, so it is my understanding that you will be doing the pepakura method or the foam method.

The reason I ask is, say you went with the foam method and your armour is entirely crafted out of EVA foam. To add some texture, you could use a sanding bit on a dremel tool, a box knife, and other tools to create physical texture and battle damage on the armour.

If you're looking to add texture by painting, here is my method: I apply a liberal wash of watered down black paint (about 50% water 50% paint) and I spread it all over the armour. Then, I take a damp rag and dab off the excess paint, leaving paint behind in crevasses and grooves where dirt would naturally collect over time. Then, I apply silver to the edges by dry brushing it on. This will create the effect of chipped paint.

Of course, there are many ways to apply texture, weathering, and battle damage to your armour. I'd recommend also looking at some of the weathering tutorials in the tutorials section of the forums (see the painting section under the detailing heading):

If you would like a bit more clarification on any of this please ask! I only gave you a VERY brief overview.

I plan on Halloween with my partner to go dressed as Halo characters
While it is possible to make a suit before Halloween, you may find it will actually be a tighter deadline than you may expect. Of course if you have the time to get it done then don't let me stop you! I just wanted to let you know it can take a well long time to complete a whole suit. Some members can kick out a full suit in a matter of a few months, but it is also not uncommon for suits to take over a year to complete.

Best of luck on your new build! Keep asking any questions you may have!

Hi there! Welcome to the 405th! Glad you're excited to get going on home halo builds!

I'm not sure of a pepakura or foam unfold of Vale's helmet, but I believe a .obj file can be found in the armoury HERE.

What sort of texture are you thinking of? And I guess another question that is relavent is what construction method are you going to be using? You asked for pepakura files, so it is my understanding that you will be doing the pepakura method or the foam method.

The reason I ask is, say you went with the foam method and your armour is entirely crafted out of EVA foam. To add some texture, you could use a sanding bit on a dremel tool, a box knife, and other tools to create physical texture and battle damage on the armour.

If you're looking to add texture by painting, here is my method: I apply a liberal wash of watered down black paint (about 50% water 50% paint) and I spread it all over the armour. Then, I take a damp rag and dab off the excess paint, leaving paint behind in crevasses and grooves where dirt would naturally collect over time. Then, I apply silver to the edges by dry brushing it on. This will create the effect of chipped paint.

Of course, there are many ways to apply texture, weathering, and battle damage to your armour. I'd recommend also looking at some of the weathering tutorials in the tutorials section of the forums (see the painting section under the detailing heading):

If you would like a bit more clarification on any of this please ask! I only gave you a VERY brief overview.

While it is possible to make a suit before Halloween, you may find it will actually be a tighter deadline than you may expect. Of course if you have the time to get it done then don't let me stop you! I just wanted to let you know it can take a well long time to complete a whole suit. Some members can kick out a full suit in a matter of a few months, but it is also not uncommon for suits to take over a year to complete.

Thank you very much, I really wanted to do this project so much and the fact that you helped me helps me a lot! I appreciate it a lot and in fact I'm already starting it hehe, I really appreciate it a lot and if you have any questions I will come here to ask you who have much more knowledge and experience. Greetings from Mexico

I've only every saw one other build with vales helmet, with build they can take awhile to do with life being life. Don't ba afraid of redoing pieces or asking for advice or help thats what we're here for. But I think N8 covered most of the processes and and resources.

Hello everyone,I plan on Halloween with my partner to go dressed as Halo characters, I will have the nooble 6 halo reach costume with the Olympia helmet ok but I can't find any for pepakura,e found links but they are no longer available Could someone provide me with the Vale helmet? I would appreciate them very much, if it is not so much hassle also how could I give texture to the costumes haha;)
It hasn't been so long since I posted and several tips they gave me are very useful, my halo suits are based on hard cardboard instead of EVA rubber but it is very useful, I plan to use the eva rubber in certain parts of armor. It's not so much expense because I'm using cardboard but I'll still buy more materials. When I finally finished the costumes, I could give an estimate of the time and cost that took place during the journey.

Well, what I came here for was to share with you the files that I'll use for my armor. In the end I will use the FOTUS helmet(?, well that's what my boyfriend told me that it was called and that the design was very cool, only that I will remove the horn. My armor will be white with small lilac parts and my visor will be a bright purple! You hear something promising and I hope to be able to achieve it. Well here the files

I'll seem like a LEGO because of so many random pieces And I'm sorry if several pieces are from one side, it's just how I found them :( But in pepakura, there's a mirror option that I used to flip the patterns and get the piece I needed I hope it helps someone.Sorry if the words in the files are in Spanish, it's just that that's my language. And the word Chon means Underwear.
Greetings to all :)

Attachments

• Master Chief - Pie Derecho- H4 By AZTLAN.pdo
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • Master Chief - Pie Izquierda - H4 By AZTLAN.pdo
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • antebrazo.pdo
    242.3 KB · Views: 6
  • bicep izquierdo.pdo
    265.5 KB · Views: 4
  • chon.pdo
    261 KB · Views: 4
  • FOTUS (FOTUS_helm_454mm_monkeyfuj_DocDailey).pdo
    714.6 KB · Views: 5
  • rodilla.pdo
    89.7 KB · Views: 4
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-chest-female-foam.pdo
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • muslo.pdo
    297.7 KB · Views: 3

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back