My first (halo 4) armour build ever, respect and thanks for angelegend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryzzer330

This took me 120 hours, it did cost me something around 230 euro's and I gotta finish my helmet, magnum and gloves tomorrow ^,^. I did build the cavs my own wat and did some small modifications to the original tutorial ;pp It's my first time ever working with eva foam and styrofoam and I'm proud to present my results. I'm 22 and a student in thr Netherlands so I had some time cause of the coronavirus crisis. Let me know what you guys think. Ps. Now I want to do a Noble 6 armor but without the tutorials. For real I wouldn't learn so fast without Angelegend.
received_1278300445701940.jpeg

Attachments

• 20200406_023952.jpg
    20200406_023952.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
  • 20200328_004455.jpg
    20200328_004455.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 241
  • 20200313_010756.jpg
    20200313_010756.jpg
    941.5 KB · Views: 243
Woow, those photos make me wish I could start with my own armor, but the foam hasn't arrived yet.
It's downhill from thr point of the first one haha I had an urge to build full suit right away but I practiced on something smallee first and always started with the easiest parts yo build first. :)

That is looking great. I am working on mine too. Anglelegends tutorials are very helpful. Kudos to him for doing them.
Wish I could say I took me 120 hrs. I started mine last April. Still working on it but its coming. Hopeful that mine will turn out as good as yours.

That is looking great. I am working on mine too. Anglelegends tutorials are very helpful. Kudos to him for doing them.
Wish I could say I took me 120 hrs. I started mine last April. Still working on it but its coming. Hopeful that mine will turn out as good as yours.
How much time do you spend on building daily?

Ryzzer, That looks great. Being out side really makes it shine.
I spend several hours a day on it. Most of that time is thinking what I am going to change and then figuring out how I am going to add the change. Then I stopped working on it for a couple of months at the end of last year to build Christmas gifts. I have also redone most of the parts due to scaling issues.

Ryzzer, That looks great. Being out side really makes it shine.
I spend several hours a day on it. Most of that time is thinking what I am going to change and then figuring out how I am going to add the change. Then I stopped working on it for a couple of months at the end of last year to build Christmas gifts. I have also redone most of the parts due to scaling issues.
Yep scaling i a lot of work. I know it's hard to maintain the rythm while having to go to school/work. What armour are you working on, Reach? Im gonna start at some Reach armour myself but idk which one.

Actually, I have to ask; how did you do your weathering, specifically the metal scratching in the middle of the plates? I tried to do the same for my marine and it did NOT work out.

Actually, I have to ask; how did you do your weathering, specifically the metal scratching in the middle of the plates? I tried to do the same for my marine and it did NOT work out.
I did it the way Angelegend describes in his vide but with a chrome spray and a brush (just like his weathering I did the battle damage) but I focused on the edges and when the brush was nearly dried I spread the little chrome that was left in the brush on the plates to give it a little look like scratches. I alsodid double weathering with the lighter green tint and after it I treated all of it with a grey paint (suspended in water, like 4:10) to give it a dirty/ashy look instead of a new fresh paint look. I focused meainly on the cranies and places that could "hold" the dirt and were kinda hard to clean up. As last I painted the black pieces and details. I hope it answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back