my first helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinesniper

Sr Member
Member DIN
S118
hey there guys this is my first try at the helmet i have not put the leds in yet because i do not know if i like this one tell me what you think of it and be honest.......

good job! is it just resin over the Pep, or did you use body filler (bondo)? if you just used resin, try a thin coat of body filler, followed by spot putt. it will get rid of those small bubbles and imperfections. the overall shape of the helmet and lines look great!

Dude that's simply really cool! There's no way that was your first :p

I like the visor, it's blue and for some odd reason it looks better than the orange :)

Master_Chief_13 said:
sweet! what did u use for a visor

I just picked up a plastic sheet at Hobby Lobby and cut it to fit the helmet. The blue is a model paint for glass. Its used in tinting glass. They have all kinds of colors, and the plastic only cost me 1.20$. I am planning to trick out the helmet though, all the bells and whistles...

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to show up in this suit for my sons birthday in october!

Thanks, Sniper.

Fixed your post, Please, from the bottom of my heart don't use caps like that. Caps lock is not the cruise control for cool. There is also such thing as a period.

-Doom

Orignal Post.

I JUST PICKED UP A PLASTIC SHEET AT HOBBY LOBBY AND CUT IT TO FIT AND INSERT IT IN THE HELMET THE BLUE IS A MODEL PAINT FOR GLASS ITS USED IN TINTING GLASS THEY HAVE ALL KINDS OF COLORS THE PLASTIC ONLY COST ME 1.20 I AM PLANNING TO TRICK IT OUT ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES....

THANKS EVERYONE I CAN NOT WAIT TO SHOW UP IN THIS SUIT FOR MY SONS BIRTHDAY IN OCT.

THANKS SNIPER

Last edited by a moderator:
and how did you get it so smooth? i spent 4 hours sanding and i havnt even finnished the right.....cheek thing......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back