My first odst build

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 303196View attachment 303197
I mean if it bugs you then it bugs you, but I don't really mind it. This is the shin piece from my suit, and it's smothered in kwik seal. In the right picture I've circled every seam that I filled with kwik seal. It is smoother than the foam which makes it look a bit shinier, but I also used silver paint on all the edges to give the effect of chipped paint so the extra shine from the kwik seal doesn't stand out as much.
Ah i see what you mean. Thanks for the explination. I dont think im gonna mind it too much, especially since its mostly going to be black for the base. Hopefully with weathering and chips put on that will hide it

Small update with something old till i do the knees. Last fall i picked up one of the nerf MA5's and gave it the ol paint treatment. Sadly i screwed up and the electronics no long work but hey i dont mind.
I plan to use the same blue on the armor for trims and such
20200906_184308.jpg

Ended up making a velcro strap system for the knees instead of affixing them to the legs. Im hoping i cam put another one around the back of my leg so the knees move a bit while walking.

i also snagged a pair of shoes so hopefully i can start them tomorrow. Then on to detail work and sealing
20210301_091207.jpg

Trust me, you'll be ever so greatful to your past self that you decided to make them detachable, instead of glued on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back