My First Peice Ever Pepped Mark Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Here it is after 34 hours of work and 2 and a half things of superglue my mark VI helm is finally pepped. from the front the right side is higher then the left on the top and the sides where the lights go are uneven so I'm a bit disappointing in that. Also its made with 80 pound card stock as I just found out today, I was told it was 100 pound... :cautious: am I going to be able to resin it? if so anything special I need to do before applying resin? also this is robogenesis' low res model. let me know what you think Thanks :D

for some reason its not letting me upload more pics?!?! I tried making another post but it still said my 4.88mb's was used? so anyways for the rest of the pics go look at my gallery, sorry here is a link http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...si&img=6777

It's really good for a first pep pice! I'd like to see more of your work, when do you plan on fiberglass it? Hope it will turn out great! Good luck!

//
MB1

thanks, i hope to go get some resin on friday when my moms off to drive me to walmart cause I dont have any aqua resin yet lol, is that the cheapest place to get it?

Shadow said:
thanks :D any comments about the card stock? its 80 pound, will that be ok to resin?

It should be ok. You should be able to use paper but that's just dumb. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
PBCR said:
It should be ok. You should be able to use paper but that's just dumb. o_O

I wont need to reinforce it or anything will I to keep it from warping since its thinner paper?

Last edited by a moderator:
you really should, from what I have learned here and seen, make another out of heavier stock and resin that piece. That sounds awfull restarting I know, but you have really learned alot in the huge amount of time that you spent on this piece. By no means get rid of this one though! It looks superb not even taking into account that it is a first pep, so think of how good you will be down the road eh?! If my first pep was still around I doubt you could even guess what it was, and if I told you I would laugh with ya because it was a mess. If you do try to continue I would use the"Hot Glue Tutorial" that pooper put up. Apply thin layers and try to not saturate the paper. A coating of a spray varnish would inhibit this. Very light coats in my experience work good. Just mist it and step away until the can says to recoat. I went out to Wally World (walmart lol) and found cardstock in 110lb weight for about $5 so that may be worth checking out. also you should use atleast 110lb cardstock. anyway just stuff that I have learned from the forums. Hope this helps buddy.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back