My first project (AR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalener

Not only is this my first topic, but this is my first attempt ever at a prop.
I took some artistic license with the design, but still, most of it is because I couldn't do better with these meterials.

img_2596.jpg

img_2597.jpg

img_2602.jpg

(sorry about the suckyness of the last one)

love it very nice link got some competition
heres a suggestion dont do it exactly in game its not original
take the tape off use glue instead because when you paint it you will still see the tape.
love the first person view the top is a little wide(first person view)
to make a counter just color some paper and get some blue led and put the led inside the asault rifle and the counter should turn blue :mrgreen:

It's easier to do something once you've seen someone else do it first.

Good job on this though. I'm seeing more cardboard AR's everyday. Sometimes I just can't get past the tape though. If you're going to leave the tape exposed, you should try to make it as neat as possible, don't let it bunch up around corners. Yours is faily neat, but some others are pretty awful when it comes to this aspect.

Keep it neat everybody, and it'll look 10x better when it's done.

Good job xalener

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:

Good job on this though. I'm seeing more cardboard AR's everyday. Sometimes I just can't get past the tape though. If you're going to leave the tape exposed, you should try to make it as neat as possible, don't let it bunch up around corners. Yours is faily neat, but some others are pretty awful when it comes to this aspect.

Good job xalener
wow exactly i cant put that in better words but it still needs a little more details and to be oringinal you should paint it a different color then in game and remove the tape use glue so when you paint it you wont see tape lines..

Sean Bradley said:

Good job xalener

dont worry, I will take all the tape off to replace it with glue. It seems to be coming off itself, actually.

Nice AR its commin along great. But ya, you gotta be careful when using tape. I used duck tape on my AR and after a while it kinda bunched up a little. But nice work dude. ;-)

"I took some artistic license with the design"
oh, I used paint tape on purpose. I need it to temporarily stay together, while I find glue.
(my town is a barren wasteland completely devoid of art supplies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back