My First Project! Recons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, we're getting off topic here. It's not about the reward, it's about the armor itself.

Nice work on the set though, OP - I really want to see this finished.

Crucible said:
Guys, we're getting off topic here. It's not about the reward, it's about the armor itself.

Nice work on the set though, OP - I really want to see this finished.

I'm going to make the assumption that you haven't read the argument fully.

If the ONLY reason he's making Recon armor is for the in-game armor, why encourage him? If it works, it'll spawn people just like him, and then there will be many Recon builds specifically for the purpose of getting the game permutation. Surely you don't want a bunch of threads for the same purpose as this one flooding the Pepakura and Noob Forums, do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the full topic.

And all I saw was a bunch of kids whining about Recon and what it is or isn't worth rather than the armor-crafting merit the topic actually deserves.

besides, who cares? Come this time next year we'll all have it anyways. Why bother making a complaint about it?

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I'm going to make the assumption that you haven't read the argument fully.

If the ONLY reason he's making Recon armor is for the in-game armor, why encourage him? If it works, it'll spawn people just like him, and then there will be many Recon builds specifically for the purpose of getting the game permutation. Surely you don't want a bunch of threads for the same purpose as this one flooding the Pepakura and Noob Forums, do you?

Ok yes the VERY first time I thought of making armor was for recon armor in game, but NOW after all the hard work I and others have put in to our armors I see that the armor its self is more a a prize than its game counter part.

Finally, a response worth listening to.

Any more progress shots of your armor? Maybe some scales, to help? Since I may work on some of my own Recon perms after I'm done with the initial Scout set.

actually I just used the scale they were already at if you are asking, and they just happened to fit. however the helm is too small for me so I might make another one.

You may want to take out the visor insert. The visor itself is meant to sit flush with the outer helm, not about two inches in.

hey man, REALLY awesome job on the recon armour. i'm actually going to be doing a full suit of recon armour myself (i don't even have an X-box let alone the game, so its for SURE not just about getting in-game recon hahaha). just one question about the recon armour though, when you put it together... did you leave out the parts that the recon permutation replaces ? or did you just put the recon parts over top of the MK VI chest and shoulders ? (sorry if that is a noob question, but its been one i haven't been able to clarify)

again, what pictures you have shown so far look absolutely amazing. i hope my armour, when i get to that stage, looks as good =D

Friendly said:
He doesn't have full recon, link. It's mixed with some CQB... I think. I may be wrong, though. I never saw him with a Recon chest or arms. Belakor, am I right?

wait, are there recon specific arms? I always thought that it was only the helmet... Or are the arms and chest fan made?

H4X0R117 said:
wait, are there recon specific arms? I always thought that it was only the helmet... Or are the arms and chest fan made?
Well Im not sure if this is what you're asking but yes, They have ingame recon shoulders and chest also look at my avatar You can see there. Ther are also pep files somewhere

try looking on the halo pep wiki. i have been looking around on it for parts for my scratch build odst. only thing on tht thats pep is the helment, one odst shoulder and one half odst shoulder, with i think security top part. just mixing things up. nice work though. wish i had the time and patience to go for the MkVI, and the money

Outlaw-Tiger said:
hey man, REALLY awesome job on the recon armour. i'm actually going to be doing a full suit of recon armour myself (i don't even have an X-box let alone the game, so its for SURE not just about getting in-game recon hahaha). just one question about the recon armour though, when you put it together... did you leave out the parts that the recon permutation replaces ? or did you just put the recon parts over top of the MK VI chest and shoulders ? (sorry if that is a noob question, but its been one i haven't been able to clarify)

again, what pictures you have shown so far look absolutely amazing. i hope my armour, when i get to that stage, looks as good =D

The helmet replaces the Mark VI helmet completely, the chest goes ontop of the Mark VI chest and can be glued on during the Pepakura process, and the Recon shoulder replaces the top hexagon piece of the Mark VI shoulder.

By the way, recent posters, this topic has been dead for a month. Zombie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back