My foam Model (Warning 56Ks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironcobra3000

ok, so recently, I've been working on my Helmet project, I've gotten the basic outline of the Helmet, I know I was limited in Supplies, so I grabbed a few foam blocks, and carved out the rear of the helmet:
Side View:
P1011233.jpg

Back View:

P1011234.jpg

Bottom View:
P1011236.jpg

Top view:
P1011235.jpg

and this all the foam I carved :eek

P1011237.jpg

Thats it so far, now I Know it looks like total crap since I used Styrofoam, so I was thinking, could I cover the entire thing with bondo Body Filler when its done? Then work out my details with that? Remember, this is JUST a Model, the final product is going to be made of Hard Fiberglass and Resin

Hey Ironcobra, you are on your way and kickin a**.

Keep up the good work!

Fixed, when posting please use proper spelling and grammer.

-Doom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! Looking good! At first I couldn't make out what exactly what was what, but then I saw the back and I knew you had good progress.

Can't wait to see more!

-Doom

btw, I have the Jaw piece all cut out, now I just have to shape it ;-)
Can I cover everything with bondo body filler though? just to work out the details before I brush on my rubber?

yes. you can spread bondo really easily, and then CHEESE GRATING is a must. itll get everything to a good form, which will allow you to save a lot of time on sanding.

ok guys :mrgreen: , I'll make sure to pick up my foam dome to shape the head and such ;-)

UPDATE!!!!
The jaw piece is basically finished, I got pics, I know that a Few things are off, but once I cover all of it with bondo and smooth it to shape, those problems will be solved, and I also know its too small inside, which will also be fixed once I complete once I cover it with bondo! anyways, here's my update pics!!!!

Front view:
P1011240.jpg

Side view:
P1011241.jpg

Back view:
P1011242.jpg

Top View:
P1011244.jpg

I know its far away, but that because my camera's Flash can cause epileptic Seizures :/

The back piece and jaw piece together:
P1011245.jpg

I also picked up my Fiberglass Respirator. Still need to get the bondo and foam :/ STAY TUNED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back