My Gears of War A. Carmine Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started like 6 months ago doing an Anthony Carmine helmet out of Pepakura. I finally got around to pepping it a few weeks ago & just did the outside fiberglass resin this past weekend. I'm pretty happy with it so far considering its my first shot at this. I am hoping to fiberglass the inside & start Bondo on the outside this weekend.

P.S. - I am looking for the Anthony Carmine chest PDO file as well as the Ben Carmine helmet PDO file If anyone can help. All the links I have found are dead.

c6e4ea87-97d7-eecb.jpg

c6e4ea87-97ea-3861.jpg

c6e4ea87-97f9-6fbc.jpg

c6e4ea87-9809-6e8e.jpg

c6e4ea87-9825-ad7c.jpg

Pics may be small. They are from my iPhone.

New update. I have fiberglass resin'd the entire helmet. I also used Bondo on th inside to harden the helm. Just thus morning I cut out the eyes & started Bondo on the outside. I also have my lenses already done. I took blue cellophane & laminated it in plastic. Looks better than any of the sunglass lens people have tried.

c6e4eb3c-8236-f356.jpg

c6e4eb3c-8245-ae24.jpg

c6e4eb3c-832e-9e54.jpg

c6e4eb3c-8373-5bc0.jpg

Looking great! I just beat Gears 3 last night and now I'm itching on making my own gear one of these days.... Spartan first though lol. Keep it up! I like what you're doing for the lenses!

Another update. Got the outside all bondo'd except the top center where one of the LEDs goes and around the eyes. I'm waiting for a Dremel I ordered to arrive cut out the hole for the LED. As for around the eyes I'm going to use apoxie sculpt in this area. Haven't decided if I'm gonna do another layer of Bondo to fill in some spots or use glazing putty. Any suggestions?

c6e4e988-0fad-9057.jpg

c6e4e988-0fbb-c466.jpg

c6e4e988-0fcc-8ae7.jpg

c6e4e988-0fda-1766.jpg

From what i can see it looks good! It's hard to get the full grasp of the detail in the helmet with pictures of that size. I can't wait to see that done!

New picture with my Anthony ready for the next coat of Bondo. Cut out the hole for the center LED. Also got the Ben Carmine all pepped, fiberglass resined & primed.

c6e4e88b-9492-5957.jpg

both helmets look very nice. i just don't get the part with LED on the forehead. aren't you suppoed to get the helmet to glow on the inside, around the eyes? how are you planning to accomplish that?

The hole I cut out is the size of a quarter machine container. I'm cutting it to fit into there that way the light shines through it but it won't be just an LED sticking out, that way it's bright but not blinding.

The hole I cut out is the size of a quarter machine container. I'm cutting it to fit into there that way the light shines through it but it won't be just an LED sticking out, that way it's bright but not blinding.

cool, maybe you can show me some detailed pics when you are done. I would really like to try that out. I just arranged PEP file for Ben Carmine helmet last night, will print it out in my office today and start putting it together. I just built my first armor set, I went with GoW. I actually built two, for a friend and myself for carnival. You can check it out here:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35902-GoW-Armor-My-very-first-project-with-pics

Oh yea, that's right.
Armor wasn't foam. It was built using the fenix armor pep file, resined, fiberglassed, all that jazz... Foam was later used on the outside for 'plating' details. The first one I built, which is shown on the first shot when you open the thread, was detailed using some rubber foam that I managed to find here in Croatia. That foam is very crappy, which is why those platings don't look so good. Then I managed to find some EVA foam, which was used on the second armor. Eva is lot more solid, easier to cut and shape, so that second armor turned out really good.

It was my first try at building armor, so I learned a lot in the process, but some things I learned too late in the game. For examle, I was using fiberglass cloth on the inside, for stability. That armor is very complex on the inside, so no matter how hard I tried, there are areas (especially underneath shoulders) where fiberglass detached from the paper frame. I later stumbled into a kit with fiberglass in it, and when you make rondo out of it, it spreads nicely around all nooks and crannies. I used that method on the boots (I will post pics later tonight), and they turned out harder then anything else I built. From now on, that's the only method I will be using for fiberglassing.

Really cool man! Now you only have to paint it and get shot by a locust, lol ;).
Just kidding man, but those are really some really cool helmets. I'm thinking about building Baird's armor - after finishing my MC armor. Good luck with your build, man!

Thanks. I actually have an extra lens for Anthony that In gonna take to the shooting range & put a bullet in. I was also thinking of spraying an imulsion like color splashed on the back of Ben's since he was killed by lambent crabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back