My Halo Flood Karrver Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrver

Long time Halo fan first time poster! Just wanted to share my Flood build/process and answer any questions anyone might have!

I had a deadline of about 68 days for wanting to finish this project since Infinite was coming out then and wanted to be able to jump on that hype train for the most exposure bang for my buck, finished in 65 days. it all all began with a few armatures and lots of WED clay.

I broke the sculpting up into about 4 or 5 sculptures just to make molding easier, speaking of molds once the sculptures were as good as it was gonna get for the timeline we molded everything in Ultracal 30 with fiberglass cores!

We skinned the molds with Creature Cast Rubber and then back filled with Smooth On Flex Foam It 3! Using the Fiberglass cores to help cast everything in a even thickness of soft light weight foam. after demolding and trimming the pieces we glued everything together with Contact cement.

After all the test fitting was done with started painting and pretty much ended up airbrushing everything with Tim Gores Bloodline paints.

All that was left to do was make some rusty EVA foam battle damage Marine armor, sorry didn't take too many armor focused photos!

One Last test fit!

Now to finally enjoy the results after 65 days of Arting with a half ass cinematic photoshoot!

Thank you for taking a look at my Flood! Happy to answer an questions you may have!

Hello Karrver and welcome to the forums!!! Ive been following you and absolutely loving your works since your Totoro build, and each one just got better and better. I cannot convey how excited I was when I first saw your clay sculpts of the flood combat form! The end result is phenomenal and I can only hope the community, myself included, will be able to congregate as our favorite floody friends and even come close to living up to your craftsmanship! Absolutely stellar job!

Hello Karrver and welcome to the forums!!! Ive been following you and absolutely loving your works since your Totoro build, and each one just got better and better. I cannot convey how excited I was when I first saw your clay sculpts of the flood combat form! The end result is phenomenal and I can only hope the community, myself included, will be able to congregate as our favorite floody friends and even come close to living up to your craftsmanship! Absolutely stellar job!
Absolutely speechless! Thank you so much really made our day!

I always thought that was one giant foam suit, that's awesome seeing that it was sculpted then casted! I wasn't expecting that at all and it's super cool to see how it was done! Also the final result is so well done that I got a little sick when I first saw it, the flood have always freaked me out haha

I always thought that was one giant foam suit, that's awesome seeing that it was sculpted then casted! I wasn't expecting that at all and it's super cool to see how it was done! Also the final result is so well done that I got a little sick when I first saw it, the flood have always freaked me out haha
Hahahaha awesome compliment thank you!!! The truth is if I knew how to make it with out having to sculpt, mold, and cast everything thing I would lol but its the only way I know how to get so much detail without going insane trying to learn a new skill tree!

Maybe you could try foam clay! if you make a foam base to save on material, you could surely get similar results with your sculpting abilities, and it might be worth a try. Also, Im curious, but since you made molds, does that mean you might intend on making additional casts?

Maybe you could try foam clay! if you make a foam base to save on material, you could surely get similar results with your sculpting abilities, and it might be worth a try. Also, Im curious, but since you made molds, does that mean you might intend on making additional casts?
I have been looking for a Foam clay project, I have like 2 tubs just drying out! I don't intend to make more copies for my personal collection but if anyone felt like being a Flood I could make that happen for sure with my molds!

Long time Halo fan first time poster! Just wanted to share my Flood build/process and answer any questions anyone might have!

I had a deadline of about 68 days for wanting to finish this project since Infinite was coming out then and wanted to be able to jump on that hype train for the most exposure bang for my buck, finished in 65 days. it all all began with a few armatures and lots of WED clay.

I broke the sculpting up into about 4 or 5 sculptures just to make molding easier, speaking of molds once the sculptures were as good as it was gonna get for the timeline we molded everything in Ultracal 30 with fiberglass cores!

We skinned the molds with Creature Cast Rubber and then back filled with Smooth On Flex Foam It 3! Using the Fiberglass cores to help cast everything in a even thickness of soft light weight foam. after demolding and trimming the pieces we glued everything together with Contact cement.

After all the test fitting was done with started painting and pretty much ended up airbrushing everything with Tim Gores Bloodline paints.

All that was left to do was make some rusty EVA foam battle damage Marine armor, sorry didn't take too many armor focused photos!

One Last test fit!

Now to finally enjoy the results after 65 days of Arting with a half ass cinematic photoshoot!

Thank you for taking a look at my Flood! Happy to answer an questions you may have!
AMAZING! So hopefully these are some easy questions lol. Where do you start with this? How do you get the different details on it? How much did it cost to make? Love the work hope you see it one day!

AMAZING! So hopefully these are some easy questions lol. Where do you start with this? How do you get the different details on it? How much did it cost to make? Love the work hope you see it one day!
Well the whole post I wrote shows how I started and all the steps in general. How I got the details in it was by sculpting it by hand. And it cost me in new materials about $700- 1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back