My Hayabusa Helmet/ Armor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good, I hope you get it done in time for that convention. I just barely got mine done in time.

If you want an idea for adjustable foam padding... I picked up 2 rolls of Industrial Velcro (15 foot lengths ~20$ at Wal-Mart). If you stick it together pad on one side and the gripper on the other, you can stack them... what's better is its very adjustable and soft, if you need to add more, takes a couple seconds, if you need to take some off... its just as easy.

Tip for padding the boot covers though, line the inside of the boot cover where you are adding the Velcro padding with a layer of velcro, then every 1/2 inch let some of the Velcro stick to the sides and alternate sides with it. For the shoulders I actually used a 2x2 piece of wood trimmed down for padding. It worked great. add a couple thin layers of the Velcro padding method I mentioned for resting on your shoulders and you are all set.

I can't wait to see your finished armor

I think you did an awesome job with the busa. With that said I do think it is to big. That does not take away from your talent in any way. Great job with the busa.

Ithica

Ithica said:
I think you did an awesome job with the busa. With that said I do think it is to big. That does not take away from your talent in any way. Great job with the busa.

Ithica
I thought it was to. I couldn't tell that until I had the whole thing pepped and I'm on a time constraint to get this done by April 4th. It fits pretty well though because I added 1in foam padding on the inside. I also had to guess at the scaling because of the extra height from the horn on top. I though it would be better to make it a little to big and add foam then make it to small and have to make it all over again. After the convention, I'm making another one that is scaled better and is more detailed using the newer pep file on wiki. That didn't come out until I was pretty much done with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm so short on time to do this project, What do you guys think of this idea for making a gun halo gun fast? I'm going to make it by modifying my nerf longshot. I'm going to take off the removable front section and put a piece of pvc pipe in it's place. I'll make the nozzle piece from scratch. I'm not sure out of what yet.Then I'll paint the whole thing with black plastic spray paint.

Let me know what you think or if you have a suggestion.

Well, if you are looking at picking up a weapon collection...

They do have laser tag Halo 3 Plasma Rifles
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=halo+plas...e&_osacat=0

I would suggest avoiding the Plasma Pistol as I know several people with them and they have a tendancy of breaking easily.

A trip to a local toy store and you might be able to find one of these for 20$ range
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=ma5c&...b&_osacat=0

Just trying to find ways to save you on build time without costing you an arm and a leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back