IMG_1136.jpg

cartman said:
that looks awesome how long did it take for you to make it
two or three days
JakeTheSnake said:
Is that papier mache'd?

Looks good man. Keep up the good work.
no its bondo, its a pep helmet

Thanks for the Borat and the other comments guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to make it uber smooth you should put some spackle on the little grooves to fill them in then even it out with sanding, light sanding without a dremel or electrical tool is fine cause it sands off easily.

B&GProps said:
Man , it looks great, but it needs some sanding BIG time.
you'd think that wouldnt you, but actually, it is very smooth, just some dust on it, i probably will still do a little sanding

Sanding's not just about making things smooth, it helps with making things symmetrical. I see some things not lined up..

well its all good now, i think, ill update the first post tomorrow because i dont feel like taking pictures now...
and zeke, i fibered the inside with resin on the outside, its as hard as a rock

For the Visor I was thinking of a Westerfields (maybe probably not!) or ill look on ebay for one, theres no way im gonna be able to dual visor though

Ok well i know this is off topic, but how come every picture put on this site is kind of crappy... i mean its like every picture is somewhat blurry. Oh and by the way good start on your helmet! :)

Well, I didnt use flash because it kinda made the background all *IM THE BACKGROUND LOOK AT ME NOT THE HELMET!"
For the next pics i used flash...

You really need to sand it and detail it. A LOT.
It maybe be smooth, as in not rough, but it is very.. I don't know how to put it, maybe bumpy?

When you rub your hand along it, does it feel like sandpaper (rough), smooth, but still bumpy , or like a table (smooth)? If it feels like anything but plain smooth, you need to sand more.

Robogenisis said:
You really need to sand it and detail it. A LOT.
It maybe be smooth, as in not rough, but it is very.. I don't know how to put it, maybe bumpy?

When you rub your hand along it, does it feel like sandpaper (rough), smooth, but still bumpy , or like a table (smooth)? If it feels like anything but plain smooth, you need to sand more.
it feels "plain smoth"

Keegan said:
For the Visor I was thinking of a Westerfields (maybe probably not!) or ill look on ebay for one, theres no way im gonna be able to dual visor though
Maybe you should cut out a coke water bottle (the big ones) then put a one way mirror silver film on it, then maybe paint it with gold oil pant. It's what I'm doing.

It's too bumpy. As in, if it were flesh, it would be covered in sists. It's not flat. It looks like there are dunes on it. Not rough, but bumpy.
It could also use a lot of detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back