My helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i added more detail, i guess, i sharpied in where the lines where kinda uneven, so ill be posting pics up soon, as for the coke bottle idea, sound interesting, i might try some one-way translucent gold film, good idea!

NO.

Don't just sharpy in some details! Don't even sharpy at all!

Sharpie makes the helmet look cheap, and very little work went into it.
It also looks unrealistic If you're gonna use a sharpy, get a silver one and use it for battle damage.
Details should be carved in, or layered on with cardboard or foamies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it looks just like the paint on the helmet, so umm yeah, im gonna start a "Master Helmet" and do alot better, I'm gonna use dannifoods model

Keegan said:
you mean other than oregano? thats the color adam uses

well the texture lookes way off and the color too well i am compareing your helmet to adams

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a tip guys, from an art major to you.

If your helmet is bumpy, and you can't/don't feel like smoothing it out, use a matte paint. DO NOT use satin, semi-gloss, or a gloss. Even an eggshell paint might be pushing it. You want your paint to be as flat as possible.

By using anything higher than an eggshell (see above) you make the paint shiny. Shiny paint highlights bumps and imperfections. If you want your helmet to look it's best, check for imperfections first. Also, painting over a gloss is pretty near impossible. Just a tip.

well once i get to the point of painting i will take a poll, to see what shade of green i will use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back