My helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
R U going to do the two toned silver/gold visor? It looks like it would be simple to do with two motorcycle visors stacked on top of each other.

I'm not going to paint the lenses, I think that painted lenses look really tacky and ugly, so I am going to get a gold mirror shield and then I don't know if I want another gold one for the shield design or a silver one for the design, just depends on how they look when I go to the store.

it looks great but i think the visor part should have been salnted back a bit more, but its better than mine.....
...wait i dont have one :duh:

Heres some pictures with my visor and lights, I also have a fan inside the helmet... its coming along great, the visors are expensive so next week I will get the silver visor design on the gold visor done.

god damn bought some bright LEDS... They are soo bright I can actually use them for flash lights.

HPIM0270.JPG

HPIM0269.JPG

COULD I HAVE IT?! ;-)
Awesome helmet. Nice job. I do personally don't like the style of weathering/battle damage, but still good.

yeah, I'm not to particularly happy with the weathering that I have done, I can see me re doing it in the near future, but I just want to get it done right now.

It seems to be a kinda debate about weathering, personally I very much like the weathering aslong as it's done tastefully. I have seen some which seem like the poor guy wearing it has fallen off a ravine or something, whereas some suits (imo) seem too new and shiny. But that's just my opinion, it's up you what you want in your armour, just go for what you want.

BTW the armor isnt weatherd in the pic of him putting on the armor cause he just got that it was his upgrade and they put it on the mutiplayer cause it made it seem more like youve been fighting for a while if it where halo 1 they say in books that his armor turned olive after awhile which is why in halo 3 explains the coloring booyakasha!

Wow...
.<----This is a period. It is used to end a sentence.
Remember,
Weathering looks awesome when it's done right.
Too much, too little, it just looks wrong.
Again, great helmet.

LastSpartan said:
Alkal1ne, did you cut your visor?

With what? X-Acto? ^^

I nearly lost a finger doing something similar. Best bet is a dremel rotary tool for cutting, and a lot of other stuff too.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would tape around where you will be cutting so if it slips it will not mess up the visor

dremel makes a nice lil skill saw blade bit you can buy. It and the diamond bit are the two single most commonly used bits for costuming that I know of.
Once you own one its kinda like the microwave oven, you cannot imagine yourself without it.

Im on my second bit having worn the teeth off my first one doing my vader. :mrgreen:

Darth-Malevelus said:
dremel makes a nice lil skill saw blade bit you can buy. It and the diamond bit are the two single most commonly used bits for costuming that I know of.
Once you own one its kinda like the microwave oven, you cannot imagine yourself without it.

Im on my second bit having worn the teeth off my first one doing my vader. :mrgreen:

The tungston carbide cutters are lifesavers too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back